Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks a Licensed World Languages Teacher to join our dynamic, dedicated team.
Great Minds, a District of Columbia not-for-profit organization, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
For the past 14 years, our focus has been on the creation of quality instructional materials and training. We have seen the power of what is possible for all students when rigorous curriculum and highly-effective teacher professional development are implemented. In Great Minds® next stage of growth, we have an exciting opportunity to take a bold step forward by creating our very first accredited virtual middle and high school for grades 6-12, built upon our strong curriculum foundation where we will provide students with an enriched, collaborative virtual learning environment like no other. This teaching role is highly collaboratively in a synchronous learning environment to include classes taught throughout the day in real time. One that sparks students’ curiosity, builds students’ character, and develops student knowledge by leveraging technology.
We are seeking a dynamic, technologically-savvy, licensed World Languages teacher for our Great Minds® Virtual programming, opening in Fall 2022.
Employees are expected to perform the duties and responsibilities outlined in the policies and contract. The performance standards listed below represent the essential functions of the job.
● Prepares and customizes high quality curriculum materials to be dynamic asynchronous and synchronous virtual lessons
● Presents lessons effectively and promotes student engagement
● Develops sequenced and robust unit plans
● Demonstrates a variety of effective teaching techniques (for both synchronous and asynchronous learning experiences)
● Provides for differences of individuals and groups (both accommodations and differentiation)
● Evaluates student achievement effectively
● Applies a variety of assessment strategies
Classroom and School Environment
● Provides rich and meaningful classroom activities
● Demonstrates a belief in all students' ability to succeed and meet high expectations
● Interacts with students in a manner that encourages respectful relationships among students and teacher
● Promotes the development of self-esteem in students
● Addresses the needs of individual students
● Strives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion through developing a positive class culture as well as through curricular resources
● Integrates social and emotional learning into class activities
● Applies a variety of technology tools to advance teaching and learning
● Maintains expertise in educational technology (edtech) trends
● Seeks training and practice with edtech tools
● Work collaboratively with parents, students, and technology professionals to troubleshoot student technology issues
● Applies a variety of instructional techniques in a remote-teaching environment
● Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with staff
● Works cooperatively with school personnel (teachers, administrators, and staff) to benefit students
● Encourages positive school-community relationships
● Communicates effectively with parents to enhance the learning process by responding to or initiating parent contacts in a timely, professional and constructive manner
● Establishes and pursues goals to improve professional competence
● Works in a supportive role with colleagues (e.g. cooperative course planning, curriculum development, test construction, materials preparation, methodology)
● Maintains knowledge of current trends in his/her field through professional activities (e.g. attending professional meetings, enrolling in relevant courses, reading relevant literature)
● Adheres to School policies and procedures
● Identifies School or curriculum problems and suggest appropriate solutions
● Uses appropriate channels to resolve concerns and problems
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● Must have a professional teacher license
● Candidates must possess a minimal proficiency of “advanced low” as measured by the ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview Assessment or similar test
● At least three years of teaching experience with preferably at least one in a virtual or blended setting, preferably at the 6-12 level
● Experience working in a startup or school-founding environment preferred
● Success implementing Great Minds or other high quality curriculum preferred
● Passion for the Great Minds® mission and pedagogy
● Comfortable in ambiguity and excited about innovation
● Demonstrated technology proficiency with experience navigating the virtual-education arena
● Strong relationship builder with ability to connect to students, parents/guardians and colleagues
● Superior organizational skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
● Strong work ethic, coachable attitude, and commitment to high standards
● Energetic and enthusiastic
● Ability to work a flexible schedule, including limited evenings and weekends as needed for organizational requirements
● Capacity to maintain the confidentiality of Great Minds®-related information
● Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background check
TRAVEL: This position may travel approximately 5% of the time, depending on location, to participate in quarterly and/or annual team meetings (average of 1–3 times/year).
WHAT WE OFFER:
● Ongoing professional development
● A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
● Career growth and promotion opportunities
● A competitive salary
● Health, dental, and vision insurance
● Paid time off and paid holidays
● Enrollment priority for dependents
Submittal of resume and cover letter are required
Selected candidates will be required to pass a comprehensive background check.
Written application submission and initial phone interviews will be completed on a rolling basis. Final interviews and performance tasks will take place virtually via Zoom
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $60,000.00 - $65,000.00. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.