Video Production Project Manager
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Video Production Project Manager.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka Math and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Job Description Summary
The Video Production Project Manager at Great Minds (GM) oversees the creation videos for use with the Eureka Math curriculum. This role will require close coordination with the Content Development and Editorial Project Manager. The Video Production Project Manager will have extensive experience in both the tasks and workflow of video production across a variety of styles of video including animation, live action, and classroom video.
Working under the direction of the Chief Academic Officer-Mathematics, the Video Production Project Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Applying established procedures and basic project management methodologies as defined by PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Working with Great Minds teams across the organization to document project specifications and develop detailed scope documentation for each project.
- Coordinating within the Eureka Math team to determine resources needed to accomplish project goals within negotiated project timeline.
- Creating and maintaining detailed project plans in Smartsheet with dependencies.
- Documenting project risk and ongoing coordination of efforts to mitigate risk throughout project duration.
- Conducting ongoing project status meetings and acting as liaison between all project teams to creatively manage and negotiate schedule adjustments as needed to achieve project goals.
- Managing project change requests (e.g., scope, timeline) including documentation of requirements changes and negotiation of revised timelines given resource availability.
- Ensuring continuous communication around the project as required by the established communication plan.
- Planning for and reporting project metrics to document and evaluate the success of assigned projects.
- Conducting pre-project launch training as needed and post-project debrief meetings.
- Ongoing project and workflow set up and maintenance in 10,000 ft. and Smartsheet.
- Contributing to GM documentation and training related to project management.
- Supporting Production Services Managers on assigned projects including resource allocation management.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
A successful Video Production Project Manager at Great Minds can:
- Demonstrate personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products.
- Manage activities for multiple small projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines.
- Anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals.
- Lead project teams to maintain and adhere to establish processes and procedures.
- Build cross-functional rapport while actively influencing Eureka Math events and negotiating changes to achieve project goals.
- Incorporate latest project information, make quick decisions, and keep the appropriate management and project staff informed of rapidly occurring developments.
- Prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced publishing environment.
- Remain flexible during periods of rapid change.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities.
- Communicate well and work collaboratively within a team and across teams.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and persuasion skills.
- An ability to handle high volumes of video production and management in coordination with our math and production services teams.
- A university degree with a concentration in education, business, or related field.
- At least 1 year of lead project management experience, ideally leading more than one project simultaneously.
- 10+ years of video production experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet, or similar project management software, Microsoft SharePoint/Sites or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems, & 10,000 ft. or similar resource allocation/scheduling software.
- Specialized knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, a particular curricular discipline (math, English, science, world languages, etc.) is a plus.
Resume and cover letter required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.