Translations and Content Project Coordinator
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Translations and Content Project Coordinator.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Although Great Minds is based in Washington, D.C., this position can be performed remotely. Working under the direction of the Manager, Spanish Content and Translation and works closely with outside suppliers and project managers to organize ongoing translation projects. This role’s specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting the day-to-day coordination and communications for all translation projects that involve work conducted by outside vendors and contractors
- Monitoring project plans, schedules, resource allocation, and project-related needs
- Verifying that correct templates and checklists are available and used or prepared for use prior to project launch
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time to meet project deadlines
- Identifying project risks and issues that might delay the project and coordinating with the appropriate team(s) to provide solutions
- Documenting relevant action items and following up to achieve issue resolution
- Contributing to the development of improved workflow and processes
- Developing project strategies and ensuring that project scope adheres to parameters and frameworks
- Determining and coordinating project changes while guarding against scope creep
- Helping train new and existing employees on current and future initiatives, workflows, and technologies
- Able to maintain high-quality work and thrive in a deadline-driven, high-volume production environment
- Personable with the ability to maintain a sense of humor under pressure
- High degree of professionalism
- Exposure to working with or (preferably) within a remote team
- Desire to learn new skills and technologies and the acumen to suggest alternative work methods in the interest of saving time and resources
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Completing project tasks as required
- Spanish, Mathematics, Science, or language arts curriculum background as a teacher or writer is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in project coordination
- 2+ years of experience in educational publishing production
- Familiarity with entire publishing process, including directing offshore vendors
- Ability to adapt quickly, maintain high-quality work in the dynamic, ever-evolving environment of publishing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and the ability to shift quickly between the two
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite and knowledge of and experience with Smartsheet or similar task management platforms
- Ability to learn new software and processes quickly
- Exceptional administrative, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently
- Experience with translation of documents and review of translated documents in Spanish to ensure accuracy, consistency, and correctness in text and formatting
- Experience managing high volume translation projects
- A love of languages, translating, and ensuring delivery of the highest quality products
This role can be performed anywhere in the US with the exception of Colorado
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected a background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.