Trade Book Strategist
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Trade Book Strategist to join our dynamic, dedicated Operations team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
- Build and maintain relationships with 15+ trade book publishers
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies through relationships with book publishers and deep knowledge of their supply chains
- Formulate plans to handle upside and stock outage scenarios
- Standardize regular status reporting of purchasing and supply chain activity using decision-informing metrics
- Develop a publisher rating system to rank publishers across key performance criteria
- Develop end-to-end plans for core text purchases
- Create and implement strategies for consistent sourcing of core texts
- Understand key purchasing terms and conditions (e.g., payment timing, volume-based discounts, lead times)
- Develop and implement overall strategies for eBooks
- Work with multiple curriculum teams to identify potential solutions
- Consider the role the company’s product distributors should play in overall strategies
- Create and implement strategies to consistently purchase materials, supplies, and services at the most favorable terms
- Qualifies vendors, evaluates bids, and negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and services
- Tracks purchases, monitors vendor quality, and maintains a current database of vendor information
- 4-7 years of experience creating and implementing purchasing strategies while simultaneously building strong relationships with 15+ vendors
- Experience developing and implementing purchasing strategies based on deep knowledge of vendors’ supply chains
- Experience building and implementing a variety of plans to meet strategic needs, including contingency plans and end-to-end plans
- Experience assembling and implementing quantitative measurement systems for evaluating vendors
- Experience integrating product distributors into overall strategies
- Experience building reports based on supply chain and purchasing metrics
- Experience purchasing and developing strategies for the purchasing of eBooks
- Experience qualifying vendors, evaluating bids, and negotiating prices and terms for purchased goods and services
- Experience tracking purchases, monitoring vendor quality, and maintaining a current database of vendor information
- Flexible thinking
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Academic and growth mindset
- Proactive problem solving
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
- Ability to contribute to big-picture vision
- Commitment to high standards
- Organizational skills
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.