Test Automation Engineer
United States, District of Columbia, Washington DCTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Test Automation Engineer.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Test automation engineers at Great Minds are the reason we can deploy code changes quickly and confidently. You’re responsible for designing and developing automated test code that exercises our digital learning platform. We look for a solid software engineering background combined with a tester’s desire to break things.
- Collaborate with software engineers and test analysts to identify test cases that can be automated.
- Design and develop automated test code.
- Execute and refine automated test code.
- Review code from other test automation engineers or software engineers for alignment to test automation coding standards.
- Assisting the QA Manager and Sr. Test Automation Engineers In assessing new automated testing frameworks and approaches to determine if we should adopt them as part of our processes.
- 2+ years experience in software development where your role was in the testing function – including experience as a test analyst or as a test automation engineer.
- Experience working with test automation frameworks and libraries, such as Selenium, TestCafe, Newman, Cypress, Puppeteer.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment with cross-functional geographically distributed teams.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Quality Assurance methodologies, approaches and best practices.
- Knowledge of cloud native and/or micro-service application architectures.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, GitHub Actions.
- Manual and/or automated Accessibility testing experience preferred.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification preferred, or equivalent body of knowledge.
- Experience working in EdTech industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Washington, DC
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.