Technical/Solution Architect (Salesforce)
RemoteWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing, mission driven Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high quality knowledge building curricula for grades PK-12, seeks an Technical/Solution Architect (Salesforce) to join our growing team.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Wit & Wisdom®; Geodes; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,100 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math™ is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka Math™ and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom® and PhD Science™, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Reporting to the Manager, Applications Engineering, the Technical/Solution Architect (Salesforce) will be responsible for designing and implementing highly technical solutions that meet the organization’s existing and future business requirements, with a heavy focus on the Salesforce platform. This role also will provide technical leadership to the team, working to deliver enterprise solutions that are flexible, scalable, and capable of adapting to changing business requirements. This position is both hands-on and strategic.
- Develop a deep understanding of business processes, the systems that support them, and how these systems work together to provide end-to-end solutions across the company. This includes Salesforce and third-party applications.
- Advise on an Enterprise architecture landscape, including technology, information and data, security and, integrations, with the organization’s existing and future business goals in mind.
- Produce target-state solution architecture, perform assessments of current states, and perform gap-analysis.
- Promote shared applications and infrastructure to reduce expenditures and enhance the flow of information.
- Work with the business to refine requirements and estimate the effort and document technical solutions.
- Assist with risk assessment and mitigation strategies for planned deliverables.
- Own current integrations and third-party applications and provide a roadmap and suggestions on how to handle future requirements.
- Lead the development of (Salesforce) applications for business stakeholders.
- Communicate with Executive Management the decision-making process and strategic direction based on the outcomes of research, analysis, and planning.
- Work hands-on on projects. Help resolve issues and escalations.
- Provide training and mentorship to developers and admins on the team. Implement best practices on all levels.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the manager.
- 7+ years of experience in custom Salesforce Development, with a minimum of 5+ years as a Salesforce Architect utilizing LWC, Apex Classes, Triggers, and Frameworks
- Robust experience working with stakeholders to understand business needs and translate them into technical requirements
- Hands-on experience with SFDX, scratch orgs, unlocked packages, CLI tools, and git
- Experience working with integration platforms
- A history of defining and implementing complex, enterprise-wide information systems like Salesforce CRM, ERP, business intelligence, and enterprise application integration (EAI)
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce platform, including its features, functionalities, limitations, and best practices
- Strong leadership and exceptional technical skills
- Strong attention to detail and self-starter with the ability and desire to independently identify and lead investigations, analyze requirements, identify project scope, and oversee development and delivery
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels, including business users, executives, and technical teams
- Ability to articulate technical concepts in a way that is easy to understand for non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of Workato, Intacct, and/or Hubspot
- Bachelor’s degree
- Washington, DC or Remote in the U.S. Eastern Time Zone
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
The expected base salary range for this position is $148,000.00-$160,000.00. The offered salary, benefits and other incentives are dependent on numerous factors including, but not limited to location, work experience, skills and internal equity considerations.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.