Supplier Production Coordinator
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for PK-12, seeks a Supplier Production Coordinator to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
Reports to the manager of the Supplier Services team within the Production Services department at Great Minds, a rapidly growing, non-profit organization that develops world-class curricula for grades PK-12.
Although Great Minds is based in Washington D.C., this position can be performed remotely. The Supplier Production Coordinator position works closely with outside suppliers and project managers to organize ongoing projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring project plans, schedules, resource allocation, and project-related needs
- Ensuring project deadlines are met
- Organizing, attending, and participating in project meetings
- Establishing best practices for duties including schedule, project responsibilities, product development, communications and support
- Demonstrating solid decision making and willingness to advise product team in issues; taking the lead by offering creative solutions to content development problems
- Identifying project risks and issues that might delay the project and coordinating with the appropriate team to provide solutions
- Documenting relevant action items and following up to achieve issue resolution
- Preparing agendas and necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Creating, adapting, and curating project-specific checklists
- Verifying that correct templates and checklists are available and used or prepared for use prior to project launch
- Developing project strategies and ensuring that project scope adheres to parameters and frameworks
- Determining and coordinating project changes while guarding against scope creep
- Completing project tasks as required
Supplier Production Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in project coordination
- 2+ years of experience in educational publishing production
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and the ability to shift quickly between the two
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of and experience with Smartsheet or similar task management platforms
- Ability to learn new software and processes quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional administrative, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in the dynamic, ever-evolving environment of publishing
- Familiarity with entire publishing process, including directing offshore vendors
- Attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Located in Washington DC; this position can be remote.
- Excellent benefits package
- Please apply on our Careers page: https://greatminds.recruitee.com.
- If selected a background check will be required.