Success Coach (Assigned to New York City)
RemoteNew York, New York, United StatesSuccess
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Success Coach.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Success Coach is a member of the Implementation Services team and supports Great Minds in its mission to promote adoption and effective implementation of all curriculum products. Maintaining intimate knowledge of the features and advantages of Great Minds products and services, Success Coaches work as part of a NYC-based team to support districts and schools to successfully implement Great Minds curriculum. The Success Coach is a versatile team member with the skills to deliver a blend of services that include both PD facilitation and coaching. The volume of PD versus coaching will vary based on the needs of districts in the assigned region.
This role is an exceptional opportunity for skilled teachers or instructional coaches who are experienced in implementing a high-quality curriculum in NYC-area schools to contribute to Great Minds’ organizational mission to ensure all students have access to a high-quality, knowledge-based education.
- Associate Director, Territory Implementation Services
- Develop and maintain expertise in the Great Minds professional services catalog, including Wit & Wisdom and Eureka Math2, in order to:
- provide high-quality, on-site support, coaching, and PD to assigned schools
- collaborate with Success Leads to deliver highly contextualized services
- deliver professional services on-site up to 80% of the time in NYC school systems
- Engage in cycles of internal training to develop or deepen expertise in new professional services offerings, in general facilitation and coaching skills, and to gain greater familiarity with Great Minds products
- Gather, monitor, and record implementation success metrics at regular intervals; document these metrics and all significant customer interactions
- Document and communicate insights about implementation to leadership based on interactions with assigned implementations
- Stay abreast of, and share with the organization, the regional trends and factors that influence customer practices, sensitivities, and purchasing practices
- Represent Great Minds through presentations at conferences, and contribute to content in the form of blogs, whitepapers, etc.
- Cultivate and maintain a strong and supportive Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, curiosity, and quality
- At least 3 years of experience teaching or coaching with at least 1 year of experience delivering high-quality professional development.
- Experience implementing one of Great Minds curricula, especially Wit & Wisdom and/or Eureka Math
- Proficiency with or alignment to Great Minds instructional design and pedagogy
- Deep content knowledge in the curriculum focus area (humanities, mathematics, science)
- Experience with both digital and print education platforms
- Strong organizational habits necessary for successful goal setting, project management, collective decision making, deadline execution, and record keeping
- Ability to make solutions-oriented decisions through flexible thinking in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
- Commitment to high standards, instructional quality, and continuous improvement for oneself and others
- Receptivity to feedback with a focus on reflective practice
- Highly collaborative with the ability to consistently exhibit diplomacy, tact, and integrity
- Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by educators and their leaders working toward improving student learning outcomes
- Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner
- Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
Candidates should be located in NYC or willing to travel regularly to NYC (10+ business days per month).
The Success Coach may work on-site up to 80% of the time. Tasks may include the following:
- Provide onsite coaching, PD, or customer implementation support
- Provide sales presentation support
- Participate in team meetings
Based on the regional needs across Great Minds, occasional travel beyond NYC is possible.
A valid driver’s license and willingness to fly and drive are required for this position.
- Bachelor's degree
The base salary range for this position is $74,000-$83,000 however the offered salary may be higher or lower than the above range dependent on numerous factors including, but not limited to location, work experience, skills and internal equity considerations.. The base salary is not inclusive of benefits or other incentives.
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.