RemoteUnited States, District of Columbia, WashingtonLegal
Great Minds, a rapidly growing organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK–12, is seeking a Special Assistant to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks a Special Assistant to support two executives. We are looking for a self-motivated and highly organized Special Assistant to be responsible for supporting the day-to-day agenda items for two executives on the company’s senior leadership team. You will grow in this position and be able to contribute to presentations, board meetings, and project management at a high level.
- Support two C-Suite executives by managing complex calendars, planning and organizing events and meetings, assisting teams in staying connected, and supporting various projects.
- Organize, prepare for, and set agenda items for meetings and manage weekly and long-term calendars to assure appropriate substance and participation in internal meetings.
- Ensure that all meetings and correspondences involving the team run smoothly and professionally, including taking meeting minutes and following up on action items.
- Exercise discretion in committing time and evaluating needs.
- Drafting coherent written materials including correspondence, presentations, or memoranda.
- Conduct relevant research and present findings, as needed.
- Use a range of software to create materials and analyses, as needed.
- Support project management of mission-critical initiatives.
- Create and edit presentations, documents, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Perform key administrative functions, including arranging travel and managing expenses.
- Develop and nurture effective relationships with key internal stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- A track record of outstanding participation in a team-oriented setting where knowledge and thoughtful communication are valued.
- Prior experience supporting a senior executive or team.
- References may be requested.
- Passion for the Great Minds mission®
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, coachable attitude, and commitment to high standards
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with an aptitude for creating a warm team culture and community by demonstrating grace under pressure
- An entrepreneurial drive, with a growth- and solutions-oriented mindset, comfortable in ambiguity and excited about innovation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including limited evenings and weekends as needed for organizational requirements
- Capacity to maintain the confidentiality of Great Minds-related information
- Ability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives
- Full-time position
- Ability to support off-hours and weekends if needed
- Travel to Richmond VA up to twice per quarter
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.