United States, District of Columbia, Washington DCTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks a Software Engineer to join our dynamic, growing Software Engineering team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
As a Great Minds Software Engineer you design and develop code on a modern, cloud native tech stack to deliver amazing customer experiences. You have the opportunity to design and build tools to scale and enhance our ability to release world-class software products. Your commitments to learning new technologies and how they will impact us in the future are paramount.
- Write clean, extensible, well-tested code.
- Participate in architecture, design, and implementation decisions for key components of our platform.
- Work closely with product management to ensure we're building the best products.
- Become a leader in our globally dispersed software engineering organization and garner team’s respect as an engineer.
- Help identify risks/impediments, escalate issues, bring transparency to deliverables and ensure Agile delivery.
- Contribute to code reviews and participate in the development of best practices within the engineering team.
- Hone your software craft as you develop your technology skills
- Minimum 2 years experience writing, debugging, and testing software.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new programming languages and technologies.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Possess good communication and reasoning skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or another relevant engineering discipline.
- Sense of intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning with a strong problem-solving mindset.
- Be self-driven, actively looking for ways to contribute and continuously improve the team and the product.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and show a willingness to wear multiple hats based on the need.
- Experience with learning services technologies such as IMS LTI, QTI, and OneRoster standards, and any Learning Management System a plus.
- Experience with education or education technology.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Location: Washington, DC
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, background check will be required.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.