Social Media Manager
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world-class curricula for grades PK-12, is seeking a Social Media Manager to join our mission-driven team of professionals. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
- Perform research on current industry trends and keep a benchmark of Great Minds’ social engagement standing.
- Design and implement organic and paid social media strategies to align with business goals This includes developing appropriate budgets for social media activities, setting specific campaign objectives and goals, running analytics on how campaigns performed, and clearly and effectively communicate back to the team the results.
- Be the primary social media day-to-day driver by generating, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news). Also, communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews.
- Create brand advocacy by finding influencers across social media platforms to engage with and build a brand ambassadors network.
- Work with our existing communities in social media to ensure questions get answered and also monitor topics and trends within the communities to report back to the team.
- Provide regular reports on social media activities, keeping team informed on a daily basis and showcasing trends over time.
- Monitor company Google Ads and make recommendations.
- Work with internal stakeholders by collaborating with other teams beyond marketing, such as our curriculum, sales and customer service teams to gather ideas and ensure brand consistency and timeliness.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and descriptions).
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications. Suggest and implement new features to our social media accounts to extend brand awareness.
- Creativity – bring fresh ideas to the table.
- Proven work experience as a social media manager across multiple platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Hands on experience in content management.
Excellent copywriting skills.
- Ability to relay consistent messaging across content type (text, image and video).
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.
- Working knowledge of HubSpot a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical and multitasking skills.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills a must.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and flexibly.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive and resourceful with a “can-do” attitude.
- College degree in Marketing or relevant field.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.