Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
RemoteWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesDigital Product
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks a Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) to join our dynamic, growing Software Engineering team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
As a Great Minds Senior Software Engineer, you will design and develop code on a modern, cloud native tech stack to deliver amazing customer experiences. You'll have the opportunity to design and build tools to scale and enhance our ability to release world-class software products. Your commitments to learning new technologies and how they will impact us in the future will be paramount.
- Participate in architecture, design, and implementation decisions for key components of our platform
- Work closely with engineering team leadership to ensure we're building the best products
- Identify risks/impediments, escalate issues, bring transparency to deliverables, and ensure Agile delivery
- Lead code reviews and participate in the development of best practices within the engineering team
- Develop Application code according to User Story Specifications
- Operate as a member of a scrum team
- Coach junior software engineers on the craft of coding
- Write clean, extensible, well-tested code
- 5 + years of experience writing, debugging, and testing software
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Native Technologies
- Strong knowledge of NodeJs, and flexible between programming languages
- Strong experience with web technologies (React, Vue, Angular, etc)
- Experience with building and designing RESTful APIs
- Understanding of Cross browser compatibility, Accessibility, and Responsive UI
- Experience with back-end and front-end performance optimization
- In-depth understanding of the software development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Understanding of CI/CD Pipeline
- Ability to build reusable code and libraries for distributed use
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new programming languages and technologies
- Effective communication and reasoning skills
- Sense of intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning with a strong problem-solving mindset
- Be self-driven, actively looking for ways to contribute and continuously improve the team and the product
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and show a willingness to wear multiple hats based on the need
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with AWS
- RDS, Serverless Technologies
- Experience with React
- Experience with NoSQL DB
- Experience with Relational DB
- Experience with education or education technology.
- Experience with Github Workflow
Nice to Have
- Experience in Python
- Experience in Terraform
Location: Washington, DC, or remote in the Eastern or Central US time zones
If selected for an interview, background check will be required.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.