Senior Software Engineer
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Senior Software Engineer.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Senior Software Engineer will be the first employee to join our Engineering Team to build the foundational elements of our digital platform that helps teachers and students achieve greatness. You will work on a modern, flexible, highly scalable tech stack to deliver amazing customer experiences through our products. You will have the opportunity to be on the ground in designing and building tools to scale our ability release world-class software products. Your commitment to learning new technology and how they will impact us in the future is paramount.
- Write clean, extensible, well-tested code.
- Participate in architecture, design, and implementation decisions for key components of our platform.
- Work closely with product management and stakeholders to ensure we're building the best products.
- Become a leader in our globally dispersed software engineering organization and garner team’s respect as an engineer.
- Help identify risks/impediments, escalate issues, bring transparency to deliverables and ensure Agile delivery.
- Contribute to code reviews and participate in the development of best practices within the engineering team.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of other engineers.
- Maintain professional growth, skills, and competencies of the team to continuously improve the quality of software engineering.
- Help build and grow an amazing culture as the first engineering team member.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new languages and technologies.
- Proficiency in an Object-oriented programming language.
- Possess good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices.
- Prior professional experience with Java, Python, or .NET.
- At least 5-7 years of experience as an engineer.
- Degree in Computer Science or another relevant engineering discipline.
- Sense of intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning with a strong problem-solving mindset.
- Be self-driven, actively look for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity; flexibility with potential role changes as the team grows.
- Experience with learning services technologies such as IMS LTI, QTI, and OneRoster standards, and any Learning Management System a plus.
- Experience with education or education technology.
Resume and cover letter required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.