Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Senior Project Manager.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Senior Project Manager role is a central part of making things flow within the Marketing Department of Great Minds. The position is responsible for the project intake process, ensuring that all projects go through the process and the appropriate people are involved at the right time. The position also manages the execution of concurrent and complex projects from initiation through delivery, specifically managing scope, resources, schedule, risks, and project plans within the Marketing Department. This role will be part of a larger cross-functional team working to support sales and top priorities of the company. Managing the project portfolio within the Marketing Department is a key responsibility as well.
· Manage and enforce the Project Intake process, including investigation and prioritization of new requests.
· Manage complex projects within budget, specified timelines, and agreed upon scope.
· Gather new business and technical requirements from the business.
· Through capacity planning, identify and ensure the proper people and workstreams are in place for project initiatives.
· Be the day-to-day point of contact for all dimensions of the project workflow
· Lead project team members to ensure on-time project deliverables.
· Develop detailed project schedules and manage the day-to-day activities.
· Prepare project plans including charters, scope statements, requirements, status reports, communication plans, risk management plans, and risk/issue registers.
· Communicate and report project status and milestones to the key participants and interested parties.
· Lead and facilitate team meetings
· Work in fast-paced environment and able to switch gears easily between projects
· Understand the steps in the creative and campaign implementation process across all channels
· Project Portfolio Management tool experience a plus
· Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of project management, both Waterfall and Agile
· 7+ years of project management experience, preferably in Marketing or related field.
· Experience leading and managing people/other project managers.
This position will be in our Richmond, VA office.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.