Senior Project Manager - Enterprise Applications
RemoteUnited States, District of Columbia, Washington DCTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Senior Project Manager - Enterprise Applications.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Senior Project Manager - ERP/CRM plans, directs, and coordinates activities for technology projects focused on back-office, enterprise-level applications. The ideal candidate will have strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, and someone who is willing to lean in as needed in order to successfully deliver projects. The candidate should be passionate about technology and bring a mindset of continuous improvement. The Senior Project Manager will work closely with our rapidly growing IT team, as well as key senior leadership across Sales, Marketing, Finance, and technology partners in planning, coordinating, executing, and supporting projects.
This individual will be responsible for planning, documenting, managing, and coordinating project activities from initiation through delivery.
- Clearly and concisely communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Work with multiple external vendors and be a bridge for any communication needs between GM and external vendors, or across GM teams
- Create reports and dashboards within Jira and Smartsheet
- Translate functional and technical requirements to high-level project goals.
- Direct the work of the project team, which may include external vendors.
- Identify and deploy resources required for projects.
- Facilitate timely identification and resolution of issues and mitigation of risks.
- Monitor and report on project scope, schedule, resourcing, and budget against plan.
- Maintain project tools.
- Work with multiple technology leads, developers, QA, business analysts and cross-functional product managers
- Ensure the EA Support and Service Delivery teams are aware of upcoming deployments
- Be comfortable and adaptable to the needs of a rapidly growing organization with strong communication skills, work ethic, and a customer service mentality.
- 8+ years’ technology work experience and 6+ years demonstrated enterprise applications project management work including ERP and/or CRM technologies.
- Experience working in an agile environment, facilitating release planning and project management.
- Experience estimating level of effort of development activities, leading daily standups, tracking progress by keeping the sprint backlog up-to-date, and helping to remove impediments.
- Working knowledge of Jira or similar project management software.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities with multiple internal & external customers.
- Willingness to identify opportunities for improvement and collaboratively identify and evaluate solutions
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable working in a remote team environment.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity in business requirements, technology options and project direction
- Direct ERP/CRM implementation experience
- Education industry experience
- Experience leading projects with multiple external vendors
- Experience with diverse offshore teams and different time zones
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Agile or Scrum Master Certification is a plus
Resume and cover letter required.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.