Senior Desktop Engineer
Great Minds, a rapidly growing nonprofit developing world-class curricula for PK-12, seeks a Senior Desktop Engineer to join our dynamic, dedicated team. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
For additional information, please visit www.greatminds.org.
Reporting to the IT Director, the Senior Desktop Engineer role is for an experienced senior IT Engineer who can work in a fast-paced, service-oriented organization. We are building Great Minds IT team and environment from the ground up and looking for someone with a start-up mentality, great at managing multiple priorities, has excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
An ideal candidate will be skilled in managing small teams or IT projects, supporting a Windows and Mac environment, and have broad range of experience using and supporting cloud, security and network tools. We are seeking a self-starter, with a bias towards action, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization. You will also be self-motivated, team-oriented and passionate about technology and bring a mindset of continuous improvement to IT operations.
- Provide day to day operational direction to the rest of the team, and general coordination with IT leadership
- Work daily with other IT technical staff and customers delivering services and support
- Research and document new software and hardware in support of service requests or project assignments
- Test and install software via Microsoft Intune, knowledge to trouble shoot and resolve install issues.
- Provide prompt and effective troubleshooting, resolution and documentation of all assigned project or service requests.
- Build, manage and support intune deploy packages for our Windows 10 pcs
- Build, manage and support Jamf for our Macs deployments
- Identify process improvements and automate via scripts, tools, etc
- Coordinate IT support activities with third party vendors
- Functions as escalation to project teams to resolve issues
- Create reports and dashboards within Jira
- Support large IT projects - acting as SME, tester, tracking and status updates
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years’ technology work experience and 3-5 years demonstrated information technology work across diverse application areas and technologies
- 2-3 years’ experience managing small teams or projects
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of IT policies and industry best practice (ITIL, Agile Frameworks, ITSM)
- Experience supporting Microsoft O365 & Microsoft technologies
- Experience troubleshooting Cloud-based applications and technology ( AWS, Azure)
- Experience with SSO applications such as ADFS, Okta or OneLogin
- Experience with Slack or MS Teams
- Experience with Jira Service Desk or other service management solutions
- Experience providing customer support via phone, chat, tickets, or in-person interactions
- Experience with Microsoft Intune ( AutoPilot, Deploys, Imaging)
- Experience with Zoom conference room equipment
- Experience troubleshooting network connectivity issues
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities with multiple internal & external customers
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.