Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Senior Corporate Counsel to join our dynamic, dedicated Legal team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of in-house or law firm corporate counseling
• Experience overseeing privacy/data security compliance (FTC, FERPA, COPPA, CCPA, GDPR, etc.)
• Experience managing copyrights and trademarks
• Experience handling a wide range of technology/platform vendor agreements, licensing content/product matters, strategic alliances, NDAs, and related agreements
• Experience working with terms and policies for digital media publications in the educational market and related apps and learning platforms
• Experience working with online tutoring/mentoring offered to schools
• Certified Information Privacy Professional a plus
• Flexible thinking
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Academic and growth mindset
• Proactive problem solving
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
• Ability to contribute to big-picture vision
• Commitment to high standards
• Sense of humor
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
• Active membership in at least one state bar
• Currently remote
• Prefer ability to work in Washington D.C. or Maryland
• Full-time position
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.