Senior Compensation Analyst
RemoteUnited States, District of Columbia, Washington DCHuman Resources
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Compensation Analyst.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Senior Compensation Analyst will work as part of the Total Rewards team to ensure Great Minds compensation practices are designed to attract, retain and reward top tier talent that will drive Great Minds growth. This role will have an opportunity to work cross-functionally with teams such as HR Systems, Finance, Sales, and HR Business Partners. In addition, this role will have an opportunity to interact with our executive team to influence our rewards strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded top performer who is willing to roll-up their sleeves and be a key contributor in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
The right candidate will have a deep knowledge of compensation practices, sales commissions plan and design, is Excel-savvy, data-curious, and lifelong learners of how people respond to incentives.
• Analyze market data and internal data in order to make recommendations on pay strategy with business and HR leaders
• Review job descriptions and organization structure to ensure titles, levels and pay map to market data
• Use data and metrics to determine program success and to drive improvements in all elements of compensation
• Provide data-driven insights to business leaders on how pay works and how to maximize its effectiveness in their organizations
• Partner with key stakeholders to drive completion of compensation projects
• Partner with HRIS and other technology teams to support thoughtful configuration and execution of compensation programs
• Listen to, triage, process and resolve compensation questions
• Co-lead core processes merit and short-term incentive administration process
• Analyze and forecast compensation and related expenses as well as headcount monthly
• Work with Sales team to understand, calculate and process monthly commission payments for Sales reps
• Play an integral role in reviewing annual commission plans and recommending plan design changes to drive better outcomes
• Provide budgeting and forecasting data on pending payouts
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years experience in finance, compensation, sales analysis, sales commission and/or sales support
• Advanced Excel experience required. (An Excel assessment will be required as a part of the interview process)
• Strong financial acumen and analytic skills
• Must be highly motivated with a proven track record for achieving results
• Extreme attention to detail and passion for accuracy in all reporting and data gathering
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently and with a team
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally to achieve results
• Must live within Continental US and be able to travel to DC or Richmond, VA up to 4x/year.
• Excellent benefits package
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.