Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Great Minds’ Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis will engage in financial analysis in such areas as annual and financial planning, forecasting, margin analysis, cost controls and operational performance. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Assist in management of yearly financial planning and quarterly budgeting process.
- Provide analytical and operational support to the financial analysis, planning, and forecasting processes
- Forecasting of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cashflow and associated drivers of financial performance
- Prepare information needed for financial reporting to internal committees and/or senior management.
- Investigate ways to improve profitability and maximize return on investment while minimizing risk.
- Perform margin sensitivity analysis.
- Create and manage product P/L statements, analyze results and key business drivers. Compile and analyze KPIs. Report on them to management.
- Prepare presentations for the Board of Directors
- Provide support to business development activities
- Handle ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required (Finance, Business, Accounting preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Corporate FP&A role(s)
- Experience managing and executing a full planning and forecasting process
- Extensive experience with and creating Proforma Financial Statements including Income Statements, Cashflows and Balance Sheets.
- Extensive Experience performing variance analysis
- Extensive experience in manipulating and analyzing data.
- Detail oriented with attention to accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Adaptable to change with organization needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience relaying/ presenting financial data to the Board, senior management and diverse audiences,
- Working experience in ADP, Intacct, Adaptive and Salesforce systems a plus
- Located in Washington DC near the Navy Yard Metro
- Excellent benefits package.
Please apply on our Careers page: https://greatminds.recruitee.com
If selected, a background check will be required.