Science Digital Interactives Developer
RemoteUnited States, District of Columbia, WashingtonCurriculum Design and Editorial
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Science Digital Interactives Developer.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
As a member of the Quality Assurance team within the PhD Science® department, the Digital Interactives Developer will assist in understanding Great Minds’ style options of PhD Science content during the transfer from print to a digital platform. This role will help ensure that the vision of the digital platform is being met, while keeping accessibility in mind. This role also will involve research, design, authoring, and revision of digital curricular materials and products, frequently working directly with the content and editorial teams to conceptualize and create playful, dynamic, and scientifically rigorous experiences that incorporate digital media.
- Develop knowledge of PhD Science content, style guides, and workflows for digital platform.
- Create and present options of web-based styles for stakeholders that meet accessibility requirements.
- Author curriculum components that demonstrate proficient knowledge of age-appropriate pedagogy and content standards.
- Collaborate with team members to create accurate and coherent products that align to the instructional design or product specifications.
- Transfer written content into internal authoring systems.
- Troubleshoot errors and/or bugs in digital components.
- Apply knowledge of scientific concepts, skills, and language to products.
- Use digital tools (e.g., Learnosity, GeoGebra Classroom) to support curriculum development or classroom instruction.
- Learn new applications and technology.
- Effectively communicate to stakeholders, in both written and oral formats.
- Maintain product integrity while meeting deadlines for deliverables.
- Build relationships with departments and teams across the organization including Science, Production Services, and Technology.
- Appreciate receiving and implementing feedback on work products.
- 3 years of experience teaching or coaching multiple grade levels
- 3 years of experience authoring curricular materials for publication
- Familiarity with using Universal Design for Learning guidelines
- Familiarity with supporting multilanguage learners
- Familiarity with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- Proficiency in HTML coding
- Bachelor’s degree
- Remote with minimal to no travel
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.