Science Content Editor
Science Content Editor
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for PK-12, seeks an experienced Science Content Editor to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
The Science Content Editor supports the science program in its mission to provide accessible, NGSS-aligned science curricular materials to schools across the nation. This person works in collaboration with curriculum development and production teams to provide support to projects within the science program.
Working under the direction of the Science Managing Editor, the Science Content Editor is responsible for the following tasks, in addition to other tasks that directly support and ensure the success of the Science program.
- Revise content for scientific accuracy, consistency, style, clarity, and grade-level appropriateness.
- Ensure content meets Great Minds Editorial guidelines and writing templates.
- Collaborate with curriculum development and production services teams to ensure the release of high quality products.
- Collaborate with cross-curricular teams and implement peer revisions as necessary.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner to meet an agreed upon deadline.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, science education, or related field; Master’s degree in science-related field or education a plus
- Experience with MS Office products; experience with Adobe products a plus
- Experience with implementing house editorial style guidelines
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style a plus
- Familiarity with the NGSS
- Familiarity with Common Core State Standards a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Meticulous approach to work and an eye for detail while maintaining a perspective of the totality of the project
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines while maintaining the quality of the product
- Ability to follow explicit instructions consistently but also to exercise good judgement when making work-related decisions
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking
- Ability to quickly learn and master new technologies and processes
- Ability to positively receive and implement constructive feedback
- Ability to collaborate effectively with peers
- Available to travel for work-related commitments a plus
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.