Salesforce Developer Lead
RemoteWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing, mission driven Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high quality knowledge building curricula for grades PK-12, seeks an Salesforce Developer Lead to join our growing team.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Wit & Wisdom®; Geodes; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,100 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math™ is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka Math™ and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom® and PhD Science™, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Reporting to the Manager, Applications Engineering, the Team Lead, Salesforce Development will guide and nurture a team of developers, while ensuring the successful execution of Salesforce solutions aligned with the organization's objectives. This role will closely collaborate with the Technical/Solution Architect (Salesforce) and leadership, demonstrating proficiency with development tools, integrations and third-party applications.
- Lead a team of Salesforce developers and collaborate with cross-functional teams:
- set project priorities, assign tasks, and mentor junior developers.
- Write, test, and maintain high-quality, efficient code in integrations, flows, Apex triggers and classes, SOQL, SOSL, Batch Apex, Rest API, and Lightning Web Components etc. using best industry practices.
- Optimize code and configuration for improved system performance.
- Solution Design:
- Collaborate with stakeholders and Technical/Solution Architect (Salesforce) to understand business requirements and translate them into Salesforce solutions.
- Design and architect custom applications, objects, and data models in Salesforce.
- Integrate Salesforce with other systems and applications, both inside and outside the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Ensure that data flows smoothly between Salesforce and external databases or platforms.
- System Maintenance:
- Monitor system performance, security, and compliance.
- Conduct routine maintenance tasks, such as data cleanup and user management.
- Implement and enforce data security and compliance policies within Salesforce.
- Stay updated on Salesforce best practices and industry regulations.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and optimization.
- Code Review:
- Review code written by other developers for quality, security, and best practices.
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance for improvement.
- Release Management:
- Plan and execute Salesforce releases and upgrades.
- Ensure a smooth transition for end-users during these updates.
- Training and Support:
- Provide training and support to end-users, administrators, and junior developers.
- Assist with problem-solving and issue resolution.
- Develop and execute unit tests, integration tests, and user acceptance tests.
- Ensure code quality and reliability through comprehensive testing.
- Problem Solving:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues and errors in Salesforce solutions.
- Proactively identify and address potential problems.
- Minimum of 3 years (5 years preferred) experience in developing and implementing custom solutions on the Salesforce platform
- Hands-on experience with SFDX, scratch orgs, unlocked packages, CLI, and git
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of Salesforce developers, providing technical guidance, assigning tasks, and monitoring progress
- Strong understanding of Salesforce architecture, design patterns, and development best practices
- A strong background in integrating Salesforce with other systems, applications, and databases, both through point-to-point integrations and middleware platforms
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proficiency in troubleshooting complex technical issues and devising effective solutions within the Salesforce environment
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Experience with Workato, Intacct, and Hubspot
- Experience in Tech Ed, Logistics, or Accounting systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Salesforce Certifications:
- Developer II
- Washington, DC or Remote in the U.S. Eastern Time Zone
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
The expected base salary range for this position is $136,000.00-$146,000.00. The offered salary, benefits and other incentives are dependent on numerous factors including, but not limited to location, work experience, skills and internal equity considerations.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.