Sales Administrative Assistant
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Sales Administrative Assistant.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Sales Administrative Assistant reports to the Inside Sales Director. This highly visible role demands extensive customer service skills, a high level of professionalism, and willingness to handle the management and administrative details. The ideal candidate thrives in a challenging, team-oriented, fast-paced atmosphere where prioritizing and multitasking are the norm. Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and a willingness to be “hands-on” are required for success in this role.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Inside Sales Director and manage administrative needs across the organization, including scheduling, meeting room reservations and maintenance, visitor staff requests, customer/vendor reception, mail/office deliveries, and data entry.
- Maintain upkeep of kitchen/pantry, and supply room; maintain inventory availability of office, kitchen/pantry supplies.
- Assist in maintaining and managing department budget.
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires; familiarize new staff with facilities and procedures.
- Address employee queries regarding office management issues (e.g., supplies, hardware, and travel arrangements).
- Liaise with facility management, maintenance personnel, and vendors, including cleaning, catering, and security services.
- Plan and manage logistics for in-house and off-site activities, such as social gatherings and conference.
- Maintain general support of the facility and office equipment, including enterprise phone system, copier/printer, and other office equipment as needed.
- Proven experience as an office assistant, front office manager, or administrative assistant with knowledge of office administration responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Hands-on experience in an office environment supporting and maintaining office equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; basic understanding of updating intranet content.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical ability and basic knowledge of computer setup procedures.
- Intellectual curiosity, acute attention to detail, and ability to analyze and solve problems creatively and independently.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment and handle many different tasks in an organized, efficient manner.
- Four-year college degree.
- Take-charge attitude with customer focus.
- Desire to improve process, procedures, and personal performance.
- High-energy, positive, professional attitude; pride in work product.
- This position is located in Farmington Hills, MI
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.