Regional Strategic Sales Manager - South
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Regional Strategic Sales Manager - South.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
- Build and leverage relationships with state and district level leaders and agencies to effectively communicate and promote the interest of Great Minds.
- Target large urban accounts who have a plan to adopt curriculum within the next 3 years.
- Build marketing and prework plan to implement our programs in targeted accounts and markets.
- Teaching and Learning expert which includes Knowledge of current research, trends in education, RTI, pedagogy, assessment, and able to conduct needs assessments for schools in need of improvement.
- Design and execute workshops around various teaching and learning topics.
- Target top districts that will be adopting curriculum in current sales cycle to drive sales including, prework, strategy, customer meetings, pilot oversite, etc.
- Grow the pipeline across the market through customer-centric prework and prospecting activities. (sales calls, conferences, marketing plans.)
- Work with territory sales staff to strategize and execute coordinated top down/bottom up campaigns.
- Contributes to the tracking, monitoring and analysis of political, legislative and regulatory developments in their region to enable timely development of strategy, product and training.
- Stay on top of bid notifications and state adoptions in my member states and ensure we respond in a timely manner. Keep up to date with competitors and spending by utilizing GovSpend.
- BA; business management, education or related field; or BA with excellent work-related experience.
- 5 years experience in K-12 classroom
- 5 years experience in education sales.
- Ability to develop strategic plans that support company goals.
- Strong understanding of government education policy and lawmaking
- Excellent team work and team-building capacity
- Strong knowledge of curriculum and the curriculum sales process.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Significant travel will be required.
Please send a resume and cover letter to apply.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.