Regional Marketing Manager
Reports to: National Strategic Account Manager
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Reporting to the National Strategic Account Manager the Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for strategizing and executing localized campaigns and events, as well as supporting the Sales Team’s curriculum reviews across an assigned sales region or regions. The position will work very closely with the Regional Sales Director to plan the school year marketing calendar for the states of the region, including quarterly schedule of campaigns, that complement national lead generating and brand awareness campaigns.
- Create a detailed strategy for the school year marketing campaign for each region that is designed to support revenue goals and rooted in customer insights.
- Work with internal Marketing team to research state education policy and funding opportunities.
- Work with the Regional Sales Director to plan for meeting revenue goals.
- Plan and execute state and regional campaigns with multiple touch points and activities to include but not limited to:
- Local events (educative happy hours, lunch & learns, regional education conferences, etc.).
- Email campaigns, including customizing national campaigns.
- Track lead and opportunity achievement from campaigns to learn and improve our strategy and tactics.
- Analyze opportunity development to assist in forecasting and identify areas in need of remediation.
- Manage a budget for all marketing activity in the region, including recommendations for allocation based on revenue goals.
- Oversee the support of sales territories in curriculum reviews.
- Coordinate custom sample needs for large district reviews.
- Create customized collateral packets for large district reviews.
- Support state adoption caravans.
- Work with reps and managers to customize slide decks/talking points based on state or district strategy.
- Track and analyze data (e.g. Salesforce, Google Analytics, HubSpot etc.) to gain insight into consumer behavior and apply findings in development of marketing initiatives.
- Support contact list development.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Experience with marketing automation software; HubSpot, specifically a plus.
- Experience in marketing of education curriculum.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related subject.
- Extensive experience utilizing marketing automation software (Hubspot specifically is a plus).
- Proven experience working across an organization and within functional teams to achieve shared objectives.
- Demonstrated project management and ability to manage complex projects, and juggle multiple priorities and stakeholder.
- Strong communication and persuasion skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex information both verbally and in writing.
- Direct management experience staffing, developing, coaching and leading a marketing related team.
- Demonstrated experience managing marketing-based budgets.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
This position will be located in either our Washington D.C. or Richmond, VA offices.
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.