Quality Assurance Specialist - Salesforce.com
RemoteWashington DC, District of Columbia, United StatesTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks a Quality Assurance Specialist - Salesforce.com to join our dynamic, growing Enterprise Applications team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring quality of the assigned development and configuration work being delivered by the Enterprise Applications team. This role creates test cases, test plans, test reports, automates test scripts, and assists the QA Manager in standardizing processes and developing QA best practices.
- Performs QA testing activities to ensure the applications, products and releases follow requirements and QA standards of the organization
- Analyzes business requirements, functional requirements, acceptance criteria, and design documents for completeness and testability
- Designs, develops and implements functional test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and automated test scripts for Salesforce and other Enterprise Applications
- Executes test cases, test scripts; captures test results and test metrics; reports test results and test metrics
- Identifies and tracks system defects; performs root cause analysis of the defects; works with the development team to resolve defects
- Writes User Acceptance Test (UAT) Cases and coordinates UAT with the business users
- Performs and coordinates system verification and validation test activities
- Automates regression test cases and maintains an automated test suite as updates are made to the system
- Assists the QA Manager in designing, developing, and implementing standards and procedures for software QA testing
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with automated testing tools, preferred experience with Provar
- Experience working in an Agile framework and collaborating with scrum teams
- Experience in writing Test Plans, Test Cases, and Test execution
- Experience coordinating User Acceptance Testing
- Knowledge of programming languages, data structures, SQL queries, utilities and automation scripting
- Knowledge of structured and object-oriented engineering analyses, programming techniques and design methodologies
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices and methodologies
- Knowledge of diagramming, flow charting and detailed analysis and documentation
- Exceptional technical, analytical, and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Einstein Analytics is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is preferred
- CSTE or ISTQB QA Certification preferred
- Washington, DC, or remote in the Eastern or Central US time zones
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.