Quality Assurance Lead
RemoteWashington DC, District of Columbia, United StatesDigital Product
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Quality Assurance Lead.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org.
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
As a QA Lead for our digital platform, you ensure the quality of our core platform systems and digital initiatives that span across multiple delivery teams. You are responsible for managing, assessing, and executing our quality approach for initiatives assigned to you as well as communicating the test progress and results to the stakeholders. Along with the QA Manager and other QA Leads, you drive improvements to our overall QA processes and strategy.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA related activities for initiatives that span across multiple delivery teams, coordinating QA resources and timelines internally and externally
- Collaborate with product owners, architects and delivery teams in test design and execution to identify, manage and assess proper manual and automated test coverage
- Communicate test progress, test results, risks and other relevant information to project stakeholders and executive management
- Along with the QA Manager, establish and evolve formal QA processes, standards, and guidelines, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Assess new testing frameworks and approaches to determine if we should adopt them as part of our processes
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers
- 5+ years' experience in software development where your role was in the testing function – including 2+ years' experience as a test lead
- Knowledge of automated testing principles and tools (e.g., Selenium, Newman, Testcafe). Able to differentiate approaches between backend and front-end strategies
- Experience leading QA teams in an agile software development environment where your role spans multiple delivery teams
- Ability to define overall quality approach and communicate that to teams of engineers and testers across multiple delivery teams
- Experience in producing quality metrics and tracking reports
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and SharePoint
- Knowledge of cloud native and/or micro-service application architectures
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Quality Assurance best practices
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, GitHub Actions
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification, or equivalent body of knowledge
- Experience working in EdTech industry
- Bachelor’s degree
- Remote, but prefer local to DC office
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.