Quality Assurance Analyst
United States, District of Columbia, Washington DCTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
As a QA Analyst for our digital platform, you ensure the quality of our digital consumer-facing products. You are responsible for performing all quality assurance activities and tasks for our digital products. You are the champion of quality and have a crucial role in helping the organization reduce risk and deliver high quality software applications. The QA Analyst works with the coordination and guidance of the QA Leads.
- Developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications.
- Involved in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, and test execution.
- Documenting all defects found and assisting in their resolution.
- Tracking quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Working with cross-functional teams to understand business and technical requirements for new functionality to be tested.
- Assisting the QA Manager and QA Leads to evolve existing QA processes, standards, and guidelines, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- 1-2 years experience in software development where your role was in the testing function.
- Experience planning, preparing, and executing test plans, and be responsible for project release testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify, analyze and assist in resolving defects.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment with cross-functional geographically distributed teams.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Quality Assurance best practices.
- Experience working in EdTech industry.
- Experience with test automation framework and tools.
- Experience with Accessibility testing.
- Experience testing RESTful Web Services and JSON messages
- Bachelor’s degree
- Washington, DC
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.