Public Relations Manager
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the Pk-12 instructional materials space, is seeking an experienced Public Relations Manager to join our dynamic Marketing team. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Earned Media and Messaging
- Writes original content; supports development team and program staff in writing content such as blog posts, opinion pieces, fact sheets and other public outreach materials, website text, and other digital communications
- Assists in writing, editing and collaborating on talking points and press releases
- Assists in developing and implementing overall public relations plan to strengthen brand and raise profile of leadership through earned media placements, social media, website, and other materials
- Assists in securing earned media coverage, pitching stories to media, and building media contacts
- Develops culturally appropriate materials and helps ensure that our voice is inclusive and speaks to diverse audiences
- Works closely with the Senior Director of Communications and marketing team to design and implement organizational and project-specific marketing, and outreach efforts
- Works with outside consultants on developing ideas and assists them in writing pieces
Owned Social Media
- Knows our digital audience and works to develop resources and creative opportunities for social media campaigns, including an overall recruitment strategy for diversifying and sustaining our growing community
- Manages editorial calendar and produces clear and creative organic content, ensuring consistency in organizational message and voice that is culturally competent and reaches diverse audiences
- Partners with Digital Marketing Manager to ensure organic social and paid digital campaigns are integrated and synchronized
- Regularly reviews channel analytics, creating report outs on performance and looking for insights and areas of optimization
Required Experience and Education
- Five-seven years related professional experience, with at least two years demonstrated experience in marketing and managing social platforms
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies and working with media
Required Skills, Abilities and Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field
- A clear and compelling writer and speaker with experience in communications and social media best practices
- Creativity, flexibility, and passion for creating mission-driven communications
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines without losing sight of the “big picture”
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an eagerness to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment; positive, flexible attitude
- Existing relationships with education or business media
- Experience working in a fast-growing company with a mission-driven staff and board
- Knowledge of educational/curriculum issues and passion for Great Minds’ mission
- Knowledge of public policy development and advocacy
Location: Richmond, VA or Washington, DC
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.