RemoteWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesSales
Great Minds, a rapidly growing, mission driven Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high quality knowledge building curricula for grades PK-12, seeks a Proposal Writer to join our growing team.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Wit & Wisdom®; Geodes; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,100 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math™ is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka Math™ and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom® and PhD Science™, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
In this remote position, the Proposal Writer will report to the Director, Proposals and Adoptions, and will coordinate closely with others on the team. This role demands highly developed written communication and editing skills, experience with proposal development – ideally in the K-12 market – for state instructional materials adoptions and RFPs, and a strong ability to multitask on several projects at once. The ideal candidate has a strong attention to detail, is capable of meeting narrow deadlines, and an ability to coordinate effectively with team members to accomplish complex goals.
- Review and analyze RFIs/RFPs/RFQs and state adoption documentation for requirements – including state standards and deadlines.
- In consultation with Proposals and Adoptions Manager and team members, develop clear, concise state adoption submissions and RFP proposal language.
- Collaborate with Proposal Team colleagues to determine proposal response priorities and needs for coverage.
- Complete content sections for state adoption bid materials and RFPs, often found in electronic forms/online portal.
- Understand and communicate state standards requirements to others on the Sales and content teams.
- Manage the completion of all assigned RFPs and state adoption documentation in accordance with strict deadlines.
- Create outlines, build templates, proofread, prepare review drafts and final editions, schedule meetings, and track the completion of assignments.
- Superior writing skills with demonstrated proposal writing ability (writing sample required).
- 3-5 years’ experience in a K-12 proposal writing role is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Liberal Arts, Mathematics, or equivalent business experience.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent copy-editing skills.
- Proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Capability to work in fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple, competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to work in a positive and collaborative manner with fellow team members.
- Professional, punctual, dependable, reliable, with a desire to learn.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software experience; Salesforce preferred.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Acrobat or other editing software.
- Master’s degree in English, Journalism, Liberal Arts, or Mathematics.
- Previous experience with K-12 Math content writing.
- Knowledge of Eureka Math and/or Eureka Math Squared is extremely desirable.
- Experience with online document submission.
- Experience with proposal automation software, such as Loopio, highly desirable.
- APMP Certification and/or Shipley Certification desirable.
- Solid organizational skills and proactive problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Commitment to high standards.
- Bachelor's degree
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.