Project Manager- Production Services
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for PK-12, seeks a Project Manager - Production Services to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™, and PhD Science™, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
Job Description Summary
The Production Services team at Great Minds (GM) is responsible for the management and completion of copy editing, layout (including art and design), and quality management of print and digital GM products. The Project Manager works within the Operations/Production Services Project Management team to coordinate the production and delivery of Great Minds’ curriculum, professional development offerings, and ancillary products in support of the curriculum, marketing, and sales/customer success teams. With minimal supervision, the Project Manager works directly with GM Product Managers and Senior Managers of Production Services to plan, estimate, coordinate, and monitor all activities associated with assigned projects to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished on time, in scope, and within budgetary parameters. Specific tasks include the setup of project plans in Smartsheet and projects in 10,000 ft, development of detailed project scope documentation, negotiation of project timelines with requesting teams, coordination of resource allocation with Production Services Team Leads, leading weekly project meetings, and ongoing monitoring and reporting of project status. This position will support the development of Eureka Math and PhD Science curricula and ancillary products, including Spanish translation.
Working under the direction of the Senior Program Manager in Operations, the Project Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Applying established procedures and basic project management methodologies as defined by PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Working with Great Minds teams across the organization to document project specifications and develop detailed scope documentation for each project.
- Coordinating within the Production Services Team to determine resources needed to accomplish project goals within negotiated project timeline.
- Creating and maintaining detailed project plans in Smartsheet with dependencies.
- Documenting project risk and ongoing coordination of efforts to mitigate risk throughout project duration.
- Conducting ongoing project status meetings and acting as liaison between all project teams to creatively manage and negotiate schedule adjustments as needed to achieve project goals.
- Managing project change requests (e.g., scope, timeline) including documentation of requirements changes and negotiation of revised timelines given resource availability.
- Ensuring continuous communication around the project as required by the established communication plan.
- Planning for and reporting project metrics to document and evaluate the success of assigned projects.
- Conducting pre-project launch training as needed and post-project debrief meetings.
- Ongoing project and workflow set up and maintenance in 10,000 ft. and Smartsheet.
- Contributing to GM documentation and training related to project management.
- Supporting Production Services Managers on assigned projects including resource allocation management.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
A successful Project Manager at Great Minds can:
- Demonstrate personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products.
- Manage activities for multiple medium/large and/or complex projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines.
- Anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals.
- Lead project teams to maintain and adhere to establish processes and procedures.
- Build cross-functional rapport while actively influencing Production Services events and negotiating changes to achieve project goals.
- Incorporate latest project information, make quick decisions, and keep the appropriate management and project staff informed of rapidly occurring developments.
- Prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced publishing environment.
- Remain flexible during periods of rapid change.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities.
- Communicate well and work collaboratively within a team and across teams.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and persuasion skills.
- A university degree with a concentration in education, business, or related field.
- At least 3 years of lead project management experience, leading more than one project simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet, or similar project management software, Microsoft SharePoint/Sites or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems, & 10,000 ft. or similar resource allocation/scheduling software.
- Specialized knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, a particular curricular discipline (math, English, science, world languages, etc.) is a plus.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.