Project Manager -- Production Services
Great Minds, a rapidly growing, DC-based nonprofit developing world-class curricula for Grades PK–12, is seeking a Project Manager—Production Services to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission since 2007 has been to ensure that all students have access to a quality education in the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
In 2010, Great Minds published Common Core Curriculum Maps in English Language Arts for Grades K–8. After the success of this widely used resource, Great Minds was awarded three contracts to develop a PK–12 math curriculum for the New York State Education Department. Great Minds owns this curriculum, which is now widely used throughout the United States as Eureka Math.
Great Minds’ business model has moved from grant and contract solicitation to direct revenue generation over the last three years. This model shift has produced consistent 20+% revenue growth year over year, in large part due to the success of Eureka Math. The recent release of Wit & Wisdom, the Great Minds K–8 ELA curriculum, has already gained early adoption in the marketplace.
With the forthcoming publication of core curricula in additional subjects, including science, the company’s business model continues to evolve to sustain its steady and rapid growth. Great Minds presently employs more than 200 people.
For additional information, please visit greatminds.org.
In this role, the Project Manager—Production Services is responsible for ensuring new projects are planned, scheduled, and executed effectively within the production services department. The Project Manager coordinates multiple functional teams responsible for the production and delivery of Great Minds curricula, professional development offerings, and ancillary products in support of the program, marketing, sales, and customer success departments.
Working with minimal supervision, the Project Manager works directly with managers and team leads for the Production Services team to plan, direct, and coordinate project activities to ensure goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished on time and within budget. Outside of the Production Services team, the Project Manager will collect and refine requirements by working closely with internal customers—primarily members of the curriculum and professional development teams.
The Project Manager in Production Services plays a central role in driving product quality and continuous improvement by following standard processes and procedures grounded in best practice for project management. The position reports to the Senior Program Manager of Production Services.
Primary Accountabilities of the Project Manager—Production Services
- Implement established Great Minds processes and procedures in alignment with industry best practices for project management across multiple projects including project initiation protocols, scope documentation, project plans, and risk mitigation strategies
- Work with sponsoring management to document project scope, outcomes, timeline, and priorities as they relate to the Production Services department
- Recommend to Senior Manager and Product Manager the Production Services resources critical to project planning and execution
- Develop a comprehensive project communication plan to include all key stakeholders and project staff with regular reports to keep management informed of progress to goal Create and regularly update management scorecards and evaluate project metrics to document and communicate project health
- Organize and monitor production schedules and necessary pre-launch trainings, assign tasks to established resources, and supervise the overall work of the Production Services project team Monitor project task completion with ongoing focus on the project critical path by obtaining regular updates from project staff regarding status; take immediate corrective action as required
- Anticipate, document, and manage project risks and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Act as a liaison with internal and external consultants, ensure adequate information is readily available for all staff to complete tasks, and coordinate activities in line with the project plan
- Provide support to Senior Manager and Product Manager on all assigned projects including resource allocation management
- Build cross-functional rapport while actively influencing Production Services events and negotiating changes to achieve project goals
- Incorporate new information, make quick decisions, and keep the appropriate management and project staff informed of rapidly occurring developments Assume some people management responsibilities as needed for the duration of the project
- Assume additional related responsibilities as requested
- A university degree with a concentration in education, business, or related field
- At least five years of lead project management experience, leading more than one project simultaneously
- Strong project management and organizational skills, including the demonstrated ability to lead multiple/complex projects simultaneously
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe CC; Wrike, Smartsheet, or similar project management software; and Microsoft SharePoint/Sites or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems
- Demonstrates personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products
- Manages multiple activities for multiple projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines
- Anticipates project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals
- Prioritizes and completes multiple tasks in a fast-paced publishing environment
- Remains flexible during periods of rapid change
- Maintains a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities
- Communicates well and works collaboratively within a team and across teams
- Demonstrates strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and persuasion skills
- Possesses specialized knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, a curricular discipline (English, math, science, world languages, etc.)
- Has completed Project Management certificate or PMP certification
- Full-time position
- Located in Washington, DC, near the Navy Yard Metro; may be performed remotely
- Excellent benefits package
Please apply on our Careers page: greatminds.recruitee.com. If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.