Project Manager, Mathematics
Great Minds®, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Project Manager to support its popular Eureka Math® curriculum.
Great Minds, a mission-driven public benefit corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math, and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit www.greatminds.org.
OUR MARKET POSITION
is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ Net Promoter Score®. Eureka Math and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom and PhD Science, embrace higher expectations for all students and teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Great Minds seeks a Project Manager to work closely with colleagues across multiple internal teams to plan, schedule, and support ongoing projects for the Eureka Math curriculum and implementation success teams.
- Define project scope and requirements through a collaborative, iterative process before project begins.
- Establish and document workflows, tasks, milestones, and resources needed for the project.
- Develop project schedule and secure review and sign-off of the schedule from all stakeholders.
- Identify, document, and manage risks.
- Create a detailed project management plan to include a communication plan, a risk management plan, a quality management plan, a change management plan, a staffing plan, and other project documents as required.
- Hold project kick-off meetings.
- Manage the schedule and negotiate schedule adjustments to achieve project requirements and deadlines.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Coordinate project team efforts throughout all project management phases.
- Ensure that all team members have the required information and resources to carry out their tasks effectively.
- Lead daily/weekly status calls and other regular meetings as needed to support the project.
- Meet with individual team members to identify and correct issues.
- Develop vendor statements of work.
- Manage contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Update all project documents and vendor contracts as needed throughout the project.
- Submit deliverables and ensure that they adhere to quality standards and project requirements.
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement and implement agreed upon process improvements.
- Apply industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout all phases of the project.
- Complete additional tasks as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in related major, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience coordinating cross-departmental projects and/or managing complex schedules
- Experience with project management principles and, ideally, Smartsheet or similar project management software
- Experience working with curriculum content or in educational publishing
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT), Microsoft SharePoint, or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems
- Personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products
- Ability to foster a culture based on accountability
- Experience promoting a supportive and collaborative environment across departments when working together on a project
- Flexible during periods of rapid change
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines
- Ability to anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals
- A record of maintaining a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities
- Located in Richmond, VA; can be a remote position
- Excellent benefits package.
A cover letter and resume are required for consideration for this position.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.