Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world class curricula for grades PK-–12, is seeking a Humanities - Program Assistant to join our mission-driven team of professionals. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Humanities - Program Assistant provides assistance to the Chief Academic Officer, Humanities and the entire Humanities team at Great Minds. General duties include assistance with scheduling, communications, research, writing proposals, and project management.
The Program Assistant’s specific responsibilities include:
- Provide calendar, travel, and administrative support to the Chief Academic Officer, Humanities.
- Act as a liaison between the Humanities team and other departments
- Assist Program Managers and Associate Directors with communications with consultants and other contracted staff about programmatic needs, logistics, and initiatives
- Plan national team retreats and team meetings in the DC office
- Manage communications with the Humanities team, including an internal newsletter, meeting requests, and department updates
- Manage invoice submission and expense report processes
- Create and edit presentations, documents, and reports on behalf of the Director of Humanities
- Act as a liaison for the Humanities team with Great Minds University, including attending meetings, providing Humanities updates for the company-wide newsletter, and sharing updates from Great Minds University with the Humanities CAO and Humanities team.
- Support and/or contribute to the development of new curricular products, at times serving as the project manager for small projects
- Support the Sales and Marketing teams with research and writing needs for website copy or other Humanities collateral
- Assist with ongoing research projects, both long-term and in rapid response research to individual requests
- Assist with writing proposals to support the adoption of the Humanities curriculum across the nation
- Occasionally liaise with the Sales team to develop a general proposal strategy
- Work in collaboration with the Humanities curriculum developers to write new content for proposals as needed
- Maintain various databases
- Ensure proposal responses match the Great Minds Style Guide, at times completing copy-editing and formatting tasks
Must have attributes
- Possess excellent writing skills to be applied to both original work and copy-editing tasks
- Be a quick study and intellectually curious, paying high attention to details
- A passion for K–12 education and desire to be surrounded by other mission-driven individuals
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a rapidly growing company
- Willingness to learn and study the Humanities curriculum as well as company-specific procedures
- Ability to thrive in deadline-driven environment
- Be a self-starter who can work independently or collaboratively with a remote team
- Organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Personable with ability to maintain sense of humor under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Washington, D.C. (Currently remote due to COVID-19)
- Excellent benefits package.
If selected for an interview a background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.