Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Professional Development Specialist with a preference for the Southern California area.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The PD Specialist will develop and maintain expertise in the catalog of Eureka Math PD offerings, traveling an estimated 75+ days per year to deliver on-site support (PD or coaching) to schools throughout the US.
Additional, PD Specialists will attend national, regional, and state conferences, provide content expertise upon request from Great Minds’ sales team, train and support other PD Specialists to deepen mathematical content knowledge or session expertise, and may contribute to the development or revision of PD offerings.
• Respect for education professionals
• Demonstrated expertise in PD facilitation
• Commitment to continuous improvement and growth mindset
• Professionalism in written and verbal communication
• Flexible thinking
• Proactive problem solving
• Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
Submit resume and cover letter describing in detail:
• Experience teaching or supervising implementations of Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
• Experience delivering professional development
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Education, Mathematics, or a related field
• Minimum of 1 year of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
• Experience delivering professional development at a district level or as an independent consultant.
• Valid driver’s license and willingness to fly and drive in order to fulfill PD assignments
• 2+ years of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY)
• 2+ years of experience delivering professional development at the district level
• Experience developing original resources for professional development
• Experience with virtual platforms such as WebEx or Zoom
• Able to lift 40 pounds
• Able to lift and distribute materials associated with the delivery of an on-site professional development session
• Able to stand for long periods of time in order to deliver on-site professional development
• Remote job
• Full time, exempt
• Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check
• Please submit a cover letter with your application to be considered for this role.
• While there is a public health concern, these services will be delivered virtually rather than in person for the time being
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.