Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Professional Development Manager to join our dynamic, dedicated Humanities team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Professional Development Manager supports Great Minds in its mission to promote effective adoption and implementation of all Humanities curriculum products. The Professional Development Manager is responsible for ensuring that Great Minds’ facilitators and partners understand the philosophy, best practices, and foundations of Great Minds’ curricula.
This role is an exceptional opportunity for skilled teachers, teacher leaders, and instructional leaders who are experienced in implementing a high-quality curriculum to facilitate exceptional professional development in an effort to ensure all students have access to a high-quality, knowledge-based education.
Reporting to the National Director, Professional Development, Humanities, the Professional Development Manager will be responsible for planning, implementing, and facilitating in-person and virtual Great Minds Humanities professional development sessions. The Professional Development Manager will also be responsible for the proactive and effective management of the team of Great Minds Professional Development Facilitators, including Wit & Wisdom Fellows.
This role is a remote position. However, it is essential for the Professional Development Manager to have deep knowledge of the region he or she supports. Future travel (30-40%) may be required to observe instruction, deliver professional development, gather data needed to create and support school and district-level Implementation Plans, and participate in team meetings.
Reports To: National Director, Professional Development
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Team Coordination and Professional Development Facilitation
- Manage and develop a team of Wit & Wisdom regional Fellows and full-time facilitators to successfully execute professional development for external partners
- Plan, implement, and facilitate Wit & Wisdom and Geodes
Professional Development Sessions
- Evaluate professional development sessions and provide feedback to facilitators based on the effectiveness of the sessions
- Work with Implementation Leaders, Account Solutions Managers, and Professional Development Services team members to establish and implement regional plans, including protocols for preparation, debrief, and addressing challenges with Professional Development sites
- Manage team communications, resources, schedules, and work plans with a proactive, problem-solving approach
- Cultivate and maintain a strong and supportive Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, curiosity, and quality
- Promote and respond to requests for Great Minds’ professional development such that:
- Effective adoption and implementation of the curricula is maximized
- Great Minds strategic goals are prioritized
- Decisions support efficient use of personnel and materials
- The reputation of Great Minds is held in the highest regards
- Provide timely communication with the National Director for Professional Development related to risks, feedback, and other matters relevant to Great Minds and its mission
- Contribute to the development of a network of advocates for the mission of Great Minds
- Collaborate within and across teams to provide feedback on the development of facilitator-support resources and professional development sessions
- At least 7 years of experience as a classroom teacher or educator
- Experience implementing Wit & Wisdom, Geodes, and/or an aligned high-quality curriculum
- Demonstrated proficiency in professional development facilitation
- Experience managing PD facilitators and/or a professional development program
- Substantial understanding of and experience with the implementation of the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts
- Clear and succinct writing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively
- Proficiency with or alignment to the instructional design and pedagogy of Wit & Wisdom and Geodes
- Demonstrate an editorial sensibility, including ability to
- write and edit using precise, academic language
- proofread for accuracy and expression
- apply constructive feedback locally and globally in a timely manner
- implement revisions to project design and content
- produce consistent content and quality across products
- Strong organizational habits necessary for successful goal setting, project management, collective decision making, deadline execution, and record keeping
- Ability to make solutions-oriented decisions through flexible thinking in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Deep content knowledge in English Language Arts, Literature, or associated content area
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
- Embrace a learner mindset by being receptive to and elevating different perspectives
- Commitment to high standards, instructional quality, and continuous improvement
- Self-starter and quick-learner who is comfortable and productive when working remotely
- Ability to remain flexible during periods of rapid change
- Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
- Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner
- Positivity in all situations, bringing proactive problem-solving orientation to every task
- Receptivity to feedback with a focus on reflective practice
- Commitment to collective authorship
- Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.