Professional Development Implementation Support Specialist (West Coast)
RemoteUnited States, California, Los AngelesMathematics
Great Minds®, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced PD Implementation Support Specialist (Instructional Coach of Mathematics) to support our PD efforts along the West Coast.
Great Minds, a mission-driven public benefit corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math, and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit www.greatminds.org.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ Net Promoter Score®. Eureka Math and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom and PhD Science, embrace higher expectations for all students and teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Professional Development Implementation Success Specialists are versatile team members with the skills to contribute in a variety of roles.
Candidates hired to support nationally may be assigned a blend of tasks that include both PD workshop facilitation and coaching services. Volume of PD vs coaching will vary based on the demands of the market and organizational priorities.
Candidates hired to support high volume coaching within a specific local region may have a blend of responsibilities that is more heavily weighted toward coaching during the school year.
The PD Implementation Success Specialist will:
- Develop and maintain expertise in the Eureka Math PD and Coaching catalog in order to:
- provide up to an estimated 85-95 days per year of on-site support (coaching) to assigned schools
- complete additional PD assignments outside of coaching region as time permits
- Additional responsibilities may include the development and revision of coaching offerings and resources, growing knowledge in pedagogy and curriculum design, attendance at national and state conferences, and collaboration with Account Sales Managers to provide coaching specific support to the sales team.
Required Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience teaching in or coaching teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY) or another standards-based math curriculum.
- At least 1 year of experience delivering professional development at a school, district, state, or national level.
- Experience delivering successful, high-quality professional development, coaching or mentoring in a school.
- Bachelor's degree in education, mathematics, or a related field.
- Commitment to lifelong learning.
- 4+ years of experience teaching in or coaching teachers in a school or district using Eureka Math (or EngageNY) or another standards-based math curriculum.
- 2+ years of experience delivering professional development at a school, district, state, or national level.
- Proven ability to form relationships with schools and craft a comprehensive professional learning plan for teachers and/or school leaders.
- Experience with virtual platforms such as Zoom or WebEx.
- This is an ongoing opening that we hire for frequently. Our needs change from month to month; based on business needs, location, ability to travel, and your background will play a role in the evaluation process. As a result, it may be weeks or, in some cases, months before formal next steps. Please view this application as an invitation to apply to be part of our community of people who we may reach out to when we have a need that fits your specific profile.
Resume and cover letter are required. Incomplete applications are not considered. Applicants should provide explicit information describing experience:
- Teaching, coaching, or supervising implementations of Eureka Math/Engage NY or another high-quality PK-12 math curriculum
- Delivering professional development at school, district, state, or national level.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law or otherwise permitted by the Company.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $63,353.99 – $74,440.94. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.