Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Production Coordinator.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 900 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
Although Great Minds is based in Washington D.C., this position can be performed remotely. The Production Coordinator position works closely with outside suppliers and project managers to organize ongoing projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring project plans, schedules, resource allocation, and project-related needs
- Ensuring project deadlines are met
- Organizing, attending, and participating in project meetings
- Establishing best practices for duties including schedule, project responsibilities, product development, communications and support
- Demonstrating solid decision making and willingness to advise product team in issues; taking the lead by offering creative solutions to content development problems
- Identifying project risks and issues that might delay the project and coordinating with the appropriate team to provide solutions
- Documenting relevant action items and following up to achieve issue resolution
- Preparing agendas and necessary presentation materials for meetings
- Creating, adapting, and curating project-specific checklists
- Verifying that correct templates and checklists are available and used or prepared for use prior to project launch
- Developing project strategies and ensuring that project scope adheres to parameters and frameworks
- Determining and coordinating project changes while guarding against scope creep
- Completing project tasks as required
Production Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in project coordination
- 2+ years of experience in educational publishing production
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and the ability to shift quickly between the two
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of and experience with Smartsheet or similar task management platforms
- Ability to learn new software and processes quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional administrative, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly in the dynamic, ever-evolving environment of publishing
- Familiarity with entire publishing process, including directing offshore vendors
- Attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Located in Washington DC; this position can be remote.
- Excellent benefits package
- If selected a background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices