Product Specialist - Texas
RemoteTexas, Texas, United StatesSales
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Product Specialist will play an active role in achieving the organizational mission of Great Minds. Product Specialists are an integral part of the Sales Team at Great Minds. Reporting directly to the National Sales Director, the Product Specialist will be an important role in the sales organization that focuses on supporting and enabling the sales team to position and sell GM core curriculum materials more effectively. The Product Specialist provides support to the Sales Team by assisting in curriculum review presentations, developing presentation materials, and training the staff on advanced talking points. Additionally, they will provide product teams customer and prospect feedback. This is an exceptional opportunity for a smart, dedicated, and passionate individual to apply his or her skills to support the business growth and mission of Great Minds.
- Work in partnership with sales staff to develop, support, and close sales opportunities
- Collaborate with sales to provide internal product training
- Develop customer-facing presentations that position GM solutions in pre-sales opportunities
- Present GM solutions to administrators and teacher committee teams
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in educational trends
- Participate and attend product team meetings when appropriate to be on the leading edge of upcoming product changes or information to support sales.
- Participate in GM PD training and build knowledge in-depth knowledge on all GM curricular products
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Education, Business, Marketing or Liberal Arts.
- 5+ years' experience in K-12 education
- Working knowledge of sales data systems like Salesforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- High Drive.
- 5 years sales experience with strong knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Educational/Technology sales experience and classroom teaching experience / teaching skills are preferred.
- Experience with consultative selling.
- Classroom teaching and K-12 Leadership and or District Level Leadership Experience.
- Periodically lifting, reaching, and moving product up to 40 lbs.
- Expected to travel a minimum of 50% of the time through a combination of domestic air travel and driving a car, including overnight stays.
- This position is home-based near major airport
- Resume and cover letter required
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.