Project Manager, Marketing
Richmond, Virginia, United StatesMarketing
Great Minds, a rapidly growing, mission driven Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high quality knowledge building curricula for grades PK-12, seeks a Project Manager, Marketing to join our growing team.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Wit & Wisdom®; Geodes; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,100 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math™ is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka Math™ and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom® and PhD Science™, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Project Manager works within the Marketing Team to coordinate the production and delivery of Great Minds’ marketing projects according to marketing plans and in support of Sales, Content, and Leadership Teams. Responsibilities include the intake and processing of all project requests that come to the Marketing Team and ensuring that all project initiatives are scoped, scheduled, and executed effectively within the Marketing department. With minimal supervision, the Project Manager works directly with Marketing Managers, communications, and events to plan, estimate, coordinate, and monitor all activities associated with assigned projects to ensure goals and objectives are accomplished on time, in scope, and within budgetary parameters. Specific tasks include the setup of project plans in Smartsheet, negotiation of project timelines with requesting teams, coordination of resource allocation within the Marketing Team, leading weekly project meetings, management of the collateral catalog, and ongoing monitoring and reporting of project status.
Working under the direction of the Director of Marketing Operations, the Project Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Applying established procedures and basic project management methodologies
- Working with Great Minds teams across the organization to document project specifications and develop detailed scope for each project.
- Coordinating within the Marketing Team to determine resources needed to accomplish project goals within negotiated project timeline.
- Creating and maintaining detailed project plans.
- Documenting project risk and ongoing coordination of efforts to mitigate risk throughout project duration.
- Conducting ongoing project status meetings and acting as liaison between all project teams to creatively manage and negotiate schedule adjustments as needed to achieve project goals.
- Ensuring continuous communication around the project as required by the established communication plan.
- Conducting post-project debrief meetings.
- Ongoing project and workflow set up and maintenance in Smartsheet.
- Contributing to GM documentation and training related to project management.
- Supporting Marketing Managers on assigned projects including resource allocation management.
- Maintaining the collateral catalog, brand resources and sales support materials on the Marketing Hub.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
- A university degree with a concentration in education, business, or related field.
- At least 1 year of lead project management experience, ideally leading more than one project simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytic and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet, or similar project management software, Microsoft SharePoint/Sites or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems, & 10,000 ft. or similar resource allocation/scheduling software.
- Specialized knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, a particular curricular discipline (math, English, science, world languages, etc.) is a plus.
A successful Marketing Project Manager at Great Minds can:
- Demonstrate personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products.
- Manage activities for multiple small projects simultaneously without missing critical deadlines.
- Anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals.
- Lead project teams to maintain and adhere to establish processes and procedures.
- Build cross-functional rapport while actively influencing Marketing events and negotiating changes to achieve project goals.
- Incorporate the latest project information, make quick decisions, and keep the appropriate management and project staff informed of rapidly occurring developments.
- Prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced marketing and communications office.
- Remain flexible during periods of rapid change.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities.
- Communicate well and work collaboratively within a team and across teams.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, conflict resolution, and persuasion skills.
- Bachelor's degree
- Hybrid - Richmond, VA
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.