United States, Virginia, RichmondAccounting & Finance
Great Minds, a rapidly growing organization developing world-class curricula for Grades PK–12, is seeking an experienced Payroll Supervisor to join our mission-driven team of professionals.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students
The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for managing the entire payroll functionality, including the preparation of payroll and all related reporting. Working with ADP, this position is responsible for set-up and monitoring of payroll tax withholding and tax related correspondence for federal, state, county, and city. In addition, this position is responsible for all ADP set-up and maintenance. The Payroll Supervisor will work closely with the Human Resource department on compliance issues.
Great Minds utilizes ADP Workforce Now for processing semi-monthly, multi-state growing payroll of 1,000+ employees. This position operates in fast paced, diverse, and hands-on environment. As the company continues to grow, the Payroll Supervisor must be able to adapt quickly to meet the changing needs of both the organization, as well as state and federal payroll/tax changes. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
The Payroll Supervisor’s success will be through a proactive approach to their job, highly customer service oriented, passionate about accuracy and detail in the payroll function, adaptable and flexible to the changing organization needs, and ambitious in their career aspirations.
This position reports to the Accounting Manager, Liabilities.
- Responsible for the supervision and coordination of payroll processing operations
- Preparation and processing of semi-monthly payroll; ensure payroll file is accurate and complies with appropriate FLSA calculations for regular time, holiday, over-time, PTO
- Process off-cycle manual checks and adjustments as required
- Primary point of contact for payroll-related questions with a focus on developing strong relationships throughout the organization
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Ensure all payroll related tax filings are done timely and accurately, including the set-up of new accounts with various federal and state agencies as required; work with tax agencies and payroll service providers to resolve tax issues
- Reconcile quarterly and year-end payroll reports and W-2 forms to ensure accuracy
- Participate in annual 401k audit
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in related degree.
- 3 years of experience processing payroll
- Multi state payroll and compliance experience required.
- CPP certification, preferred.
- ADP experience preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and multiple clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Full-time, Non-Exempt Based in either Richmond, VA or Washington DC with a 50% hybrid work schedule
- Salary based on experience.
- Excellent benefits package
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.