United States, District of Columbia, WashingtonLegal
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Business Development Representative.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1,000 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Paralegal role is a newly created position on the Great Minds legal team that will support our business that is growing in size and complexity. You work across teams including Sales, Human Resources and Operations to ensure RFP responses are accurate, comprehensive, and timely. A successful candidate should be passionate about our commitment to quality in education and the belief that every child is capable of greatness. In addition, this role will require grit to hunt for answers, ensure alignment across teams and help write the playbook for this role.
- Reviews requests for proposals (RFPs) and contractual terms included in RFPs, noting exceptions for review by an attorney as necessary.
- Reviews awarded contracts to ensure noted exceptions in RFP response are captured in final form of contract.
- Prepares summary of all required program responsibilities and gathers all RFP and proposal response documents associated with award to ensure complete contract file.
- Assists in obtaining required disclosures, bonds and similar documents as required under RFP terms.
- Prepares contract compliance related filings, certificates, and other documents for review by an attorney, as needed.
- Advises business teams and stakeholders on contract and compliance matters.
- Assists attorneys in reviewing various agreements with customers, subcontractors, vendors and third parties.
- Leads, and assists in development and implementation of internal customer-required compliance matters.
- Summarizes, proofreads, redlines, organizes, and maintains referenced materials and databases.
- Assists in completion of vendor registration forms for submissions to the Company's customers
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of in-house corporate paralegal or law firm experience, required
- Experience in government contracting, preferred
- Expert technical skill proficiency using all Microsoft Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Impactful written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Thorough attention to detail and process
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across different business functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to professionally manage confidential information
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Full Time
- Washington, DC or Detroit, MI
- Full-time, Exempt
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.