Great Minds, a rapidly growing nonprofit that develops world-class curricula and professional development for PK-12, seeks a Temp-Perm Paralegal to support our dynamic, dedicated team. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The Paralegal contributes to the development and maintenance of Great Minds’ business contracts. He/she works closely with our Contracts Team to ensure binding agreements with contractors, vendors, and customers achieve the organization’s business goals and objectives. He/she provides authoritative guidance to internal business teams on corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity. The Paralegal reports to the Contracts Manager.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and facilitate execution of formal, short term, and annual business contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, sales/purchasing agreements, consulting agreements, licensing agreements, distribution agreements master service agreements, and statements of work.
- Maintain all contractual records including files, correspondence, amendments, clarifications, etc. as a contract is in process and through the lifetime of the contract.
- Communicate with legal, finance, sales and program teams for resolution of contract questions, issues and disputes.
- Support effective implementation of contracts, including notifying, in advance, relevant parties of key dates under the contracts, notifying the owners of deliverables, and monitor contract performance.
- Assist with contract lifecycle management for corporate-wide contracts utilizing the Concord platform.
- Perform contract close out activities as needed.
- Assist with identification and development of contract policies and processes.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment commensurate with specialized legal skills and experience.
- Communicate with outside counsel when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualification and Requirements:
- At least 5 years of experience in contracts administration in commercial and/or government agency organizations. Some commercial experience is necessary.
- In depth knowledge of contractual terms and the ability to clearly explain and negotiate these terms.
- Trademark and copyright experience a plus, but not required.
- A minimum of a 4-year degree or equivalent business experience.
- Strong attention to detail, proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Capability to work in fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow team members.
- Professional, punctual, dependable, reliable, with a desire to learn.