Page Template Production Associate
Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world-class curricula for grades PK-12, is seeking a Page Template Production Associate to join our mission-driven team of professionals. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Reporting to the Manager, Page Production; the Page Template Production Associate oversees and creates the production of page and cover templates for Great Minds Humanities, Mathematics and Science curriculum. The Page Template Production Associate works directly with the content teams to create production ready word and InDesign templates for covers, page designs and all Great Minds product templates. The position is responsible for reviewing the page production process and ensuring templates are used correctly in the page production process.
- Extensive background in book publishing page template creation and cover template creation for print output. Ability to take designed cover and page comps and create production ready styled Word and InDesign templates for page composition and output.
- Understanding of the creation of Word-based templates created with Word styles ready for conversion to XML and input into InDesign.
- Understanding of InDesign page file creation from XML
- Background in design for K-12 books
- Understanding of proper file creation formats for page output, and image production
- Ability to check proofs for correct output for print and PDF delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or extensive background in book page production and process in a book publishing environment.
- Understanding of image color management and output to CMYK, RGB and required color profiles for large page production projects for print and digital delivery.
- Understanding of file formats for art and images for print and online delivery.
- Demonstratable understanding of the differences of creating art in vector or raster-based formats and the benefits and requirements for each.
- Understanding of the effects of print on image output, press dot gain and required correction in image files for print for covers and interior page output on digital press, sheetfed and web press output.
- Proven skills in Photoshop, Illustrator image creation and InDesign page template creation for print and online delivery a must.
- Ability to problem solve design and image element issues with the production team, printers and product delivery vendors and implement image and art production solutions with the design teams in Math, Humanities and Science.
- Experience in book art production
- Experience in digital art content creation
- Conceptual thinker and creative problem solver
- Ability to translate production requirements to designers and other stakeholders to spark further idea generation or refinement for art and image production
- Resilience in accepting creative feedback and managing multiple inputs while being able to articulate a well thought out point of view
- Extensive experience and proficiency with current graphic design software and tools, practices and procedures including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word, and others required to accomplish creation, review and output for print and digital delivery
- A passion to provide page production templates across print and electronic delivery to multiple product deliverables. Knowledge of how to create the highest quality product for output
- Ability to work closely with multiple design teams and interact with production teams remotely
- Ability to anticipate implications of artistic guidelines across varied products and media for print and digital output
- A flexible, versatile nature with the willingness to prioritize efforts to align with organizational goals
- An academic and growth mindset
- An intellectual curiosity, and a keen attention to detail
- A propensity to thrive in both in-person and remote work settings
- Located in Washington DC; this position can be remote.
- Excellent benefits package
- Please apply on our Careers page: https://greatminds.recruitee.com.
- If selected, a background check will be required.