Math Implementation Leader
RemoteWashington DC, District of Columbia, United StatesServices - Implementation and Professional Development
Great Minds®, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks an Implementation Leader to join our growing team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Implementation Leader, Eureka Math is a member of the Implementation Success team and supports Great Minds in its mission by promoting the adoption and effective implementation of Eureka Math.
In this role, the Implementation Leader will
- strategize with internal partners (e.g., sales, professional development services) to provide implementation services effectively and efficiently for a customer base within one or more territories
- foster long-term relationships with school leaders and teachers that are based on trust, mutual respect, and shared goals for success
- customize Eureka Math implementation plans to ensure positive outcomes such as student growth, increased teacher satisfaction, and high renewal rates
- provide efficient and timely access to rigorous content expertise, implementation resources, and key information to fulfill the goal of high-quality instruction for all
- facilitate training, professional learning, and coaching sessions.
The Implementation Leader is knowledgeable about the features and advantages of Great Minds products and offerings. This role ensures that implementers of Eureka Math understand the philosophy and best practices that form the foundation of the curriculum and accompanying support. The Implementation Leader demonstrates exceptional professionalism and communication skills.
- Serve as the primary relationship owner for Eureka Math customers in one or more geographic territories
- Collaborate with Great Minds sales professionals in one or more territories to plan implementation services and serve as the primary Eureka Math content expert
- Partner with district and school leaders to plan for and execute effective Eureka Math implementations and suggest strategies, resources, or professional learning offerings to support successful implementation
- Support sales presentations by contributing deep content knowledge and responding to customer questions
- Provide on-site targeted support to teachers, coaches, and leaders. This includes a wide range of support from pacing support to data analysis to helping leaders identify implementation successes and challenges.
- Facilitate select PD and coaching sessions
- Gather, monitor, and record program success metrics at regular intervals; document these metrics and all significant customer interactions
- Document and communicate insights about Eureka Math implementation to leadership based on interactions with assigned implementations
- Contribute to the development of resources that support implementation success
Relevant Experience and Skills
- 5+ years in a mathematics teaching or coaching role (preferrable with Eureka Math experience)
- Experience leading a district- or school-level implementation of Eureka Math or another high-quality math curriculum
- Experience working in or with K–12 schools
- Experience with both digital and print education platforms
- Knowledge of the factors that drive decision making at all levels of public, charter, and private schoolsDemonstrated proficiency in educational coaching, site-based leadership, curriculum decision making, and PD facilitation
- Deep content knowledge in mathematics with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in an associated content area
- A record of garnering respect from interactions with a wide variety of positions in schools, districts, and professional networks
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Respect for education professionals
- Flexible thinking and proactive problem solving
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Commitment to continuous improvement and growth mindset
- Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints
The Implementation Leader may travel up to 40% of the time, depending on location. Tasks while traveling may include the following:
- Visit customers sites to support school- and district-level implementation plans
- Provide onsite PD, coaching or customer implementation support
- Provide sales presentation support
- Participate in team meetings
A valid driver’s license and willingness to fly and drive are required to fulfill PD and client service assignments.
- Full-time, exempt
- This position is home-based near a major airport and located in an open territory (listed below):
- VA, NC, SC (Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham)
- TX (San Antonio)
- TX (El Paso)
- CA (Sacramento or Fresno)
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.