Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Math Auditor.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
A Math Auditor is responsible for ensuring all Eureka Math content—print and digital curricula, professional development presentations, public-facing documents, etc.—is free of mathematical errors or inconsistencies. Additionally, a math auditor validates the quality and accuracy of content. Success in this role necessitates command of elementary and/or secondary mathematics, strong communication skills, and extreme attention to detail.
- Performs math audits on all Eureka Math content by completing a thorough check for errors and defects.
- Verifies all calculations, sample work, figures, images, equations, and terminology are accurate and precise.
- Identifies opportunities to revise for mathematical precision and clarity while maintaining the intent of the content.
- Actively revises or makes suggestions for revisions.
- Maintains familiarity with the Great Minds Editorial Style Guide and the Eureka Math Style Guide.
- Ensures Eureka Math products are consistent with organizational guidelines.
- Provides clear and constructive feedback to others in spoken and written forms.
- Collaborates on a team to generate efficient protocols ensuring the highest quality output.
- Four-year or advanced college degree, preferably in mathematics or education.
- Deep content knowledge of elementary and/or secondary mathematics.
- Experience teaching mathematics or developing mathematics curriculum preferred.
- Meticulous eye for detail while keeping a global perspective.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience as an editor or auditor for mathematics publications.
- Familiarity with the Common Core State Standards.
- Efficiency and organization across multiple projects.
- Personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products.
- Problem-solving and analytic skills.
- Flexibility during periods of rapid change.
- Appreciation for, and adherence to, a task- and deadline-driven work flow.
- Passion for quality resources within the Prekindergarten through Grade 12 educational system.
- Growth mindset and a welcoming attitude toward constructive feedback.
- Self-motivation to thrive in a remote work setting.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Equation Editor, and Adobe Reader.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Full-time regular position.
- Remote position.
- Excellent benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter with a resume.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.