Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Project Manager.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Marketing Project Manager manages concurrent projects within the department through initiation through delivery, specifically managing scope, schedule, risks, and project plans. This position supports the Senior Project Management in assisting with the management of the project portfolio and capacity planning. This role will be part of a larger cross-functional team working to support sales and top priorities of the company. This person is responsible for coordinating the team’s task to ensure deliverables and timelines are met.
· Support the Senior Project Manager in the oversight, management, and prioritization of the project intake.
· Manage projects within budge, specified timelines, and agreed upon scope.
· Gather new business and technical requirements from the business
· Be the day-to-day point of contact on projects being managed
· Lead project team members to ensure on-time project deliverables
· Develop detailed project schedules and manage the day-to-day activities
· Prepare project plans including charters, scope statements, requirements, status reports, communication plans, risk management plans, and risk/issue registers
· Communicate and report project status and milestones to the key participants and interested parties
· Lead and facilitate project team meetings
· Champion best practice and good process to other members of the team
· Work in fast-paced environment and able to switch gears easily between projects
· Understand the steps in the creative and campaign implementation process
· Project Portfolio Management tool experience a plus
· Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of project management, both Waterfall and Agile
· 3-5 years of project management experience, preferably in Marketing or related field