Managing Editor, Wit & Wisdom Digital
RemoteUnited States, District of Columbia, WashingtonHumanities
Great Minds, a rapidly growing Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high quality knowledge building curricula for grades PK-12, seeks a Managing Editor to join our growing Humanities team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Managing Editor, Wit & Wisdom Digital, plays a critical role in the launch, implementation, and execution of Wit & Wisdom digital content. Through exceptional organization and communication, the Managing Editor will be responsible for maintaining quality control of Wit & Wisdom digital content, creating and maintaining team guidelines and processes, coordinating team scheduling and meetings, and facilitating cross-team communications and collaboration.
This role is an exceptional opportunity for a highly organized and detail-oriented editor who possesses expertise in digital content development, passion for high-quality, knowledge-building curriculum, experience in K-12 content knowledge, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a commitment to Great Minds’ organizational vision. While the work is remote, this will also be a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.
Reports To: Editorial Director, Humanities
- Shepherd Wit & Wisdom digital materials, including slides and interactive learning experiences, through the development cycle.
- Create a process to develop alternative text for images included within all Wit & Wisdom materials for users with limited sight or blindness.
- Inform, monitor, and consistently improve processes for Wit & Wisdom digital content development, including digital authoring and/or ingestion into a Content Management System (e.g. Cognito, Strapi).
- Collaborate with the Editorial Director, Humanities on the development of team communications, resources, schedules, and work plans with a proactive, problem-solving approach to ensure high-quality and on-time completion.
- Work in partnership with the project management team on the execution of solutions-oriented internal team and cross-team systems to ensure high-quality and on-time completion.
- Collaborate with the curriculum development team leadership to ensure pedagogical and content alignment.
- Maintain and develop training programs and onboarding processes for curriculum developers to build their knowledge and understanding of the functionality of Wit & Wisdom digital content development.
- Develop guidelines, procedures, and norms for procedural tasks (e.g. formal and informal tracking of specified metadata, ingestion of content into digital tools, quality-check assurances of final product) related to digital Wit & Wisdom tasks.
- Exemplify Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, continuous improvement, and quality.
- Alignment to the philosophy, instructional design, and pedagogy of Wit & Wisdom’s knowledge-building vision.
- Familiarity with a mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, including thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision.
- Demonstrated experience managing and/or leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in a digital curriculum development in the area of literacy.
Experience with digital authoring tools (e.g. Strapi, Cognito). in the area of literacy.
- Strong communication skills needed to incorporate different points of view to develop a high quality product aligned to the organizational and product vision
- Capacity to balance a variety of tasks, responsibilities, and projects with multiple deadlines.
- Capacity to receive and then apply external and internal content feedback from advisors, senior leadership, consultants, and colleagues.
- Record of bringing innovative approaches and resources to work, implementing best practices from across sectors while working within established development processes.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a track record of meeting short - and long-term responsibilities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-volume organization.
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
- Commitment to high standards and continuous improvement
- Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
- Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner
- A flexible, growth-oriented mindset with a receptivity to feedback and a focus on reflective practice
- Receptivity to feedback with a focus on reflective practice
- Commitment to collective authorship
- Proficiency in both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Ability to remain flexible in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
- Bachelor's degree
- Future travel (5-10%) may be required.
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential accommodation as required by law.
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. For residents of the State of Colorado the expected salary range for this position is $63,353.99-$74,440.94. This range may vary above and below the expected amounts in the State of Colorado. In addition to the Company's benefit offerings, the position may be eligible for additional annual incentives at the Company's discretion. Any offered salary and other incentives are based on market data, applicant skills and relevant experience, degrees, certifications and internal equity considerations.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.