Managing Editor, Implementation Success (IS) Content, Humanities
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Managing Editor, Implementation Success (IS) Content, plays a critical role in creating excellent content and providing proactive and effective management for the Humanities IS content development team.
Through exceptional professionalism and communication, the Managing Editor will support the National Director, IS Content, in guiding products through the Great Minds product life cycle and driving work forward. The Managing Editor will also contribute to the creation and maintenance of team guidelines and resources, coordinate team scheduling and meetings, and facilitate cross-team communications and collaboration.
This is a unique opportunity for a skilled manager and writer to implement and contribute to Great Minds’ organizational mission to create resources that ensure all students have access to a quality education in the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
This role is a remote position. Future travel may be required to participate in team meetings, to lead or observe professional development in the field, and to visit schools implementing Wit & Wisdom and Geodes.
Reports To: National Director, Implementation Success Content, Humanities
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with the National Director, IS Content, on the development of team communications, resources, schedules, and work plans with a proactive, problem-solving approach
- Work in partnership with project management team on the execution of solutions-oriented internal team and cross-team systems
- Provide support and feedback to content developers that exemplifies Great Minds high expectations for quality
- Maintain ongoing communication with Wit & Wisdom curriculum developers, project managers, and other Humanities team leaders to facilitate product development, identify and address issues, and provide support and guidance
- Exemplify Great Minds culture in all work environments, with an emphasis on trust, collegiality, continuous improvement, and quality
- Develop and maintain processes, tools, and strategies for the development and execution of content projects
- Ensure and adhere to a task- and deadline-driven work-flow by completing the appropriate scope and sequence of work within the timeline required at each phase
- Conduct research in support of professional learning content development
- Problem solve to create high-quality products by established deadlines
- Represent the IS content development team in communications with internal and external stakeholders with professionalism and proficiency
- Create and update relevant IS collateral used by various internal and external stakeholders
- Embrace and exemplify a mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
- Execute the vision of Great Minds' content development strategic plan by contributing to conceptualizing, writing, and editing coherent, knowledge-rich professional learning content
- Collaborate with National Director, IS Content and other team leaders to align vision and expectations for projects
- Collaborate within and across teams to develop, launch, and implement professional learning and curriculum-support resources
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a classroom teacher or educator
- Demonstrated experience managing and/or leading teams
- Experience implementing a high-quality, knowledge building ELA curriculum like Wit & Wisdom
- Substantial understanding of and experience with the implementation of the Common Core State Standards
- Experience developing or implementing professional learning at the school, district, network, or national level
- Experience leading professional development utilizing a knowledge-rich curriculum at the district, network, or national level
- Strong organizational habits necessary for successful goal setting, project management, collective decision making, deadline execution, and record keeping
- Demonstrated aptitude in preparing agendas that advance the appropriate priorities, serve the needs of various stakeholders, adhere to established meeting norms, orient the group toward decision making, and clearly record next steps
- Clear and succinct writing and editing skills, with the ability to produce content aligned to the organizational and product vision
- Capacity to balance a variety of tasks, responsibilities, and projects with multiple deadlines
- Facility working with tools required within digital spaces (e.g. Google Suite)
- Proficiency with or alignment to Wit & Wisdom’s instructional design and pedagogy
- Ability to make solutions-oriented decisions through flexible thinking in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Deep content knowledge in English Language Arts, Literature, or associated content area
- Familiarity with a mindset that values an iterative cycle of ideation, including thought partnering, prototyping, drafting, development, review, and revision
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
- Commitment to high standards, instructional quality, and continuous improvement
- Self-starter and quick learner who is comfortable and productive when working remotely
- Appreciation for the challenges and victories faced everyday by classroom teachers
- Empathy, curiosity, and the desire to continually grow as a learner
- Positivity in all situations, bringing proactive problem-solving orientation to every task
- Receptivity to multiple viewpoints and feedback with a focus on reflective practice
- Commitment to collective authorship
- Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.