Manager of Business Analytics
RemoteWashington, District of Columbia, United StatesTechnology
Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK–12 instructional materials space, seeks a Manager of Business Analytics to join our dynamic, growing Enterprise Applications team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Manager of Business Analytics will enable and enhance business functions with the power of data and insight. This role will be the champion of stakeholders needs for business reporting & analytics throughout the organization. They will work to create new ways to visualize & make our business data more accessible. To be successful, you will need a sound understanding of sales, operations and financial data, strong communication skills, attention to detail, and a self-starting attitude.
- Lead the functional solution design, implementation, integration, change control and production support of company-wide BI reporting and analytics needs
- Build and maintain complex models from disparate data sources to advise on strategies and forecast outcomes
- Partner with business leaders to ensure effective design and deliver analytics and reporting in financial, and operational areas
- Understand the business impact of an analytics project while aligning team goals and objectives with the overall business strategy
- Deliver standardized reporting and dashboards, from design to delivery and support
- Continuously seek opportunities to enhance how Great Mind’s understands and uses our data
- Develop a deep understanding of industry metrics & key trends to build insights that drive business decisions and measure operational performance
- Present business data in approachable & easily understandable ways
- Generate new business ideas from data analysis
- Establish insightful and easy to understand data visualizations to show KPIs and trends
- Support business stakeholders to formalize standard methodologies in accessing and utilizing data across the organization
- Execute, improve, and scale existing reporting
- Use SQL queries to retrieve business information, respond to ad hoc requests and develop Business Intelligence dashboards in Power BI
- 7+ years of relevant data analytics experience
- 5+ years in data analysis with hands-on delivery of business insights via BI platforms
- 5+ years of advanced skillset in SQL or relational type query methods
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud based DW such as Redshift, Snowflake, etc.
- 3+ years of advanced data visualization skills - development of visualizations and dashboards in tools such as PowerBI
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (PowerBI etc.), databases (SQL, etc.)
- PowerBI & other Data analytics certification is a plus
- Understand Business Intelligence concepts and ETL methodologies
- Experience with Data Governance
- Experience modeling data from an Enterprise ERP & CRM systems
- Strong technical understanding of 3rd party integrations
- Experience with managing diverse data sources, including preprocessing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data.
- Ability to act with limited oversight on a day-to-day basis, balancing multiple priorities
- Adaptability and enthusiasm to work in a constantly evolving team
- Stellar communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, impactful recommendations
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- Washington, DC, or remote in the Eastern or Central US time zones
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.